Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of our wild Kindle Birthday Celebration, post a cover of a book you'd like to see Kindled!  Here's the catch!  Each posting must be unique!  If somone has already posted Harry Potter, you have to find something else!

Betsy

·
Registered
102 Posts
I want this on Kindle - Please Please

·
Registered
731 Posts
I own two paper copies but I want it on "A Readable Moment"!

P.S. After 17 days...I've finally reached my 50th post. I must not have much to say ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I know the author and I keep begging him for a Kindle version. No luck yet. Sigh...

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ScottBooks said:
I own two paper copies but I want it on "A Readable Moment"!

P.S. After 17 days...I've finally reached my 50th post. I must not have much to say ;)
Ahhh, but what you say is good! Good choice, I've clicked it!

Betsy

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is definitely the only way I'm going to get this book kindleized. I'll click on all yours if you click mine. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
First book in the Mongo series from George Chesbro. Mongo, aka Dr. Richard Fredrickson, is a dwarf private investigator who worked as a circus performer to get his doctorate in criminology. A bit on the dark side with humerous aspects, this series has been hard to stick a label on.... some books in the series have been more or less straight PI novels, some have a supernatural aspect, some a science fiction aspect. Chesbro self-publishes his books these days, but they have gotten great reviews from such as Otto Penzler, legendary mystery editor/reviewer.

One of the few series that I have gone to the trouble of getting a complete set of signed firsts. There's no contact info on his web site ( www.dangerousdwarf.com ), so I content myself with clicking on the "I'd like to see this on the Kindle" link.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jmiked said:
First book in the Mongo series from George Chesbro. Mongo, aka Dr. Richard Fredrickson, is a dwarf private investigator who worked as a circus performer to get his doctorate in criminology. A bit on the dark side with humerous aspects, this series has been hard to stick a label on.... some books in the series have been more or less straight PI novels, some have a supernatural aspect, some a science fiction aspect. Chesbro self-publishes his books these days, but they have gotten great reviews from such as Otto Penzler, legendary mystery editor/reviewer.

One of the few series that I have gone to the trouble of getting a complete set of signed firsts. There's no contact info on his web site ( www.dangerousdwarf.com ), so I content myself with clicking on the "I'd like to see this on the Kindle" link.

I've read those, really liked them! I was happy to click! Klickety-klick!

BTW, are you sure www.dangerousdwarf.com is George Chesbro's website? I think it's a fan website... it's registered to a Hunter Goatley(?)....here's his principal website http://www.goatley.com/hunter and he mentions www.dangerousdwarf.com.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Ok, I give up ... how are y'all getting the cover into the message?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Anyway, here's the cover:

Ok, so it's rather juvenile, but hey - I read to relax!

modified by Leslie to add the cover and KB link

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Suzanne said:

For the life of me, I am unable to do that Link Maker thing. I have my attempt up above.

This is the book I'd like to add:

http://www.amazon.com/First-Man-Rome-Colleen-Mccullough/dp/0061582417/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226685168&sr=8-7
Suzanne, it looks like you did everything right except for the image. The image you provided

is the "Look Inside" image. This is not the image you want.

Be sure your cursor is not over the little pop up box that appears when you hover over the image, move down so you are over the actual book cover image.

If you are using Internet Explorer, "right-click" on the image itself, and select "Properties". Then a dialog box will pop up with information about the image (protocol, type, address, size and dimensions.) Click before the http: in the addrss and drag DOWN until all is highlighted. It will probably end in .jpg . Make sure you get all of it. That's what you paste into the image URL on the Kindleboards Link Creator.

If you are Firefox, "right-click" on the image and select Copy Image Location. Read carefully, there are other copy options. Then paste it into the image URL on the KIndleboards Link Creator.

I've done the same thing! In fact there is hardly a mistake you can make on the computer that I haven't made. Feel free to post again and practice. PM me if you want help.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
FearNot said:
Ok, I give up ... how are y'all getting the cover into the message?
We use the magical Kindleboards link-maker, up at the top of the page.

Go to Amazon, right click on the cover, select "copy image location."

In the link-maker, paste it in the Image URL box and choose Create Kindleboards link.

Voila! Done!

L

Edit: Oh, I see Betsy gave more detailed directions than me. Thanks, Betsy! And I only use firefox so I forget about the IE instructions...

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Leslie said:
We use the magical Kindleboards link-maker, up at the top of the page.

Go to Amazon, right click on the cover, select "copy image location."

In the link-maker, paste it in the Image URL box and choose Create Kindleboards link.

Voila! Done!

L

Edit: Oh, I see Betsy gave more detailed directions than me. Thanks, Betsy! And I only use firefox so I forget about the IE instructions...
I only use Firefox too, and why isn't everybody? But, there are those among us.... ::)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts