Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the list of recommendations in May, look here:

May Recommendations

If you are an author or publisher, please do not 'recommend' your own books. Instead you may start a discussion/promotion thread in the Book Bazaar.

Generally, this thread is for quick recommendations. You know, you're sitting with a friend at dinner and you say, "Hey, I just finished this book and I think you would love it!" That kind of thing.

If you've got a book review or other site and would like to regularly share reviews with us, we invite you to start a thread in the Book Bazaar for your site and periodically post links to reviews, subject to our posting rules for authors and bloggers.

Also, please use generic links, or, even better, the Link-Maker to make KindleBoards affiliate links. But please do not link through another site. :)

Please see Forum Decorum for guidelines.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just finished DARKNESS AT NOON by Arthur Koestler. Published in 1940, it's the story of a committed communist who begins to doubt the revolution. Not a spoiler: in the first scene he's dragged off to prison. A great book, and a surprisingly quick read for a piece of Literature.

Darkness at Noon: A Novel

Graham

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been on a kick lately, totally enjoyed the romance novella "Matchmaker 2.0" by Debora Geary (which is available for free). Also read the first three (of four) of Apprilynne Pike's "Wings" series and I'm anxious for the fourth one to come out, unfortunately, not until next year--it's YA paranormal with fairies. Also, loved Sarah M Eden's clean and hilarious Regency romance, "The Kiss of a Stranger." I always love her stories.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I just finished A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and it was awesome! The Kindle version is a little pricey but it was so worth it. My only regret in reading it now is that I now have to wait a year for the next in the trilogy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just got two by James Rollins this morning. I'm not recommending them in the sense of having read them yet -- but if you're a Rollins fan, you'll want his new SIGMA short story exclusive The Skeleton Key: A Short Story Exclusive (99 cents) and also one of his earlier books, Black Order With Bonus Material is on special at $1.99. The bonus is an excerpt from his newest, (forthcoming) book The Devil Colony. I couldn't resist!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just finished The Long WayHome by Robin Pilcher. A quick, feel-good read. Enjoyed it. Working on Jonathan Tropper's The Book of Joe now.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I recently finished Towards Yesterday by Paul A. Jones. Strong post-apocalyptic, sci-fi thriller. Kept me sneaking away from my duties at home and at work to read my Kindle.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.