Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and I cried at the end. What a sad ending to such a beautiful novel.

I LOVED this book even though I bawled like a baby.

So what books make you cry?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Hmmm.  I'll have to think about that.  It's been awhile since I cried during a book.  Movies, yes.  Books, it's been awhile.

Betsy

G

·
Betsy the Quilter said:
BJ could answer for LR. Friday Night Knitting Club, was it?
;D

Betsy
She was literally sobbing for the last half hour of the book.

At least I only tear up and sniffle at the end of you-know-what. ;)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince from The Cave to the end.  Parts of Deathly Hallows, but by the time I got to the end in the Great Hall, I was too numb to cry.

I'm sure there are others, but I read a lot of mystery and there's not much to cry over.

Jim, I'm reading your crying book.  I'm not too far into it, but I go into a whole different zone when I'm reading it. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
She was literally sobbing for the last half hour of the book.

At least I only tear up and sniffle at the end of you-know-what. ;)
Watership Down

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I cry easily, so I can't keep track of all of them....but I do remember having a really good sob at the end of Charlotte's Web. And as mentioned previously, Watership Down. And I was crying today at the end of Standish (but not sobbing uncontrollably).

L

·
Registered
455 Posts
Large parts of HP and the Half Blood Prince and even larger parts of Deathly Hallows. Here and there in all of the books in the Outlander series. And so, so, so many others. I cry easily and often! :D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, and Magic's Price

Really got me the first time I read them. And I still occasionally re-read them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Most recently, A Thousand Splendid Suns. The ending tore me apart.

And right after that I read The Book Thief, another multi-hanky book.

Sometimes I can't even go NEAR a sad book, and other times I'm irresistably drawn to them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Luanne Rice's 'Cloud Nine'. I cried during the whole last chapter. I love Luanne Rice's books but have not been able to pick one up since. It still makes me sad. :'(

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Many times through the whole Outlander series. Voyager -
The scene at the printshop
Sometimes I just pick up Voyager and read that scene. You can bet when I get Dragonfly and Voyager after the first of the year, I'll be highlighting that scene as well as the one I talked about earlier in Dragonfly.

G

·
As you all know, yes, I did cry at the end of "Friday Night Knitting Club". But I also cried at the end of its sequel "Knit Two".

As for HP, I cry while reading all of them from GOF onwards. The worst being during Deathly Hallows when
Dobby dies to protect Harry

But, it is not really anything new for me. I cry when reading a lot of different books. Lots of tear stained pages in our library. That is one drawback of the Kindle. I would hate to get tears on it.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts