Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While browsing at Amazon, I've clicked the button that says "I'd like to read this on Kindle" more times than I can count. I haven't kept a list of those books, though. Does Amazon send us an email letting us know when a book we requested becomes available for download? It seems like a good sales tool. They already know this reader is interested and will probably welcome the news.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
No one here, that I'm aware of, has been able to figure out how to instantly know whether a book we've been requesting has finally been kindlized.  The way we've been handling it is while we're all klicking each other requests, if we find it on Kindle, we post it here.  If you find a better way, please let us know. 
deb

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I wish there was a way to be notified. I just checked on a book I had clicked on ages ago. I never expected it to show up on the Kindle because I wrote the author and he wrote back and told me -- rather curtly, I might add -- that he wasn't interested. Oh well, I guess his publisher overrode him or something.

This book is being made into a movie with Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) as the director. Since it is out in Kindle format and I asked for it, I guess I have to buy it!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I keep all of the books I want for the Kindle on a separate Amazon wish list.... About once a week I go back and click 'em all again, for all the good it's doing....  :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amazon has the means to keep track of who requested which books, at least for those times we do it on a computer where Amazon recognizes who we are. They're already keeping track of the fact that we looked at that book ("Recently-viewed Items"). Surely they could also register that little button click too.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Leslie said:
I wish there was a way to be notified. I just checked on a book I had clicked on ages ago. I never expected it to show up on the Kindle because I wrote the author and he wrote back and told me -- rather curtly, I might add -- that he wasn't interested. Oh well, I guess his publisher overrode him or something.

This book is being made into a movie with Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) as the director. Since it is out in Kindle format and I asked for it, I guess I have to buy it!
From a post that I did regarding this subject: http://www.knuckleheadnetwork.com/2009/03/de-mystify-fin…g-kindle-books
--------------
Waiting for a book to be Kindled? Have you clicked on 'I want to read this book on Kindle' so many times that your finger has gone numb? Jason at Oscura Press has made Kindle Book searching super simple. His web app, Mysteria, will read your Amazon Wish list(s) and send you an email when your non-Kindle books have been Kindle-ized and you can also setup your book list by entering individual book titles.

That means you don't have to run to Amazon's site every Tuesday in hopes that the book you've been waiting for has finally been Kindled (Father of Dragons - The Binding of the Blade, Book 4 by L.B. Graham)--you can let the Mysteria engine do all the heavy lifting.

Although you can enter individual books, I have Mysteria integrated with my Amazon Wish List. That way I can delete books that I'm no longer interested in as well as get notification of Pre-Orders that are ready to purchase.

Here's how I use Mysteria for my Kindle:

A Wish List named Kindle Books - This is for Kindle books that I want to read, but haven't yet Sampled and includes any Kindle Pre-Orders
A Wish List named Samples - This is for Kindle books that I Sample(d) but haven't yet purchased
A Wish List named Non-Kindle Books - This is for books (only) that are not yet Kindled and includes dead-tree Pre-Orders
A Wish List named Other Stuff - This is for non-book items and won't be addressed here
Get the Amazon Universal Wish List button for my browser
You don't have to get as obsessive with your lists as I do. You can create a single wish list and place everything in it, then adjust your Mysteria list as needed. Deleting items off the Mysteria list will not delete the item in your wish list.

It's easy to sign up, just remember to use the same email that you use for Amazon and you're all set. Additional directions and information is available on the Mysteria site located here (http://oscurapress.com/mysteria).

Be sure to offer any suggestions or comments, I'm sure Jason would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I keep all of the books I want for the Kindle on a separate Amazon wish list.... About once a week I go back and click 'em all again, for all the good it's doing.... :p
So do I...and over the past few months since the "I want it" link showed up, I've probably had 30 books from my list that have been Kindleized (that doesn't count new releases and upcoming releases, I keep them in a separate "waiting on new" list). So it does happen, though whether or not my clicking has anything to do with it or not, I don't know. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.