Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 2 books (like I needed anymore) about 2 hours ago. I have turned on Whispernet 3 different times, had it check for new items and my books still haven't come through.  I checked on Amazon and they are still pending.  What is the problem?  This is very irritating  :mad:

·
Super Moderator
67,481 Posts
When that has happened to me I did one of two things:  1 -- go to Amazon and manually send them.  2 -- do a soft or hard reset.  Usually that clears out whatever is clogging the flow and the books show up right away.  I'd try 2 first, actually.

Ann

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as we speak I just noticed they were delivered. I'm thinking it might be my signal strength...we shall see the next time I order. Thanks for the pointers though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have very bad signal strength where my house is located, which down in the bottom of the hills.  I have to wait for some time before I get any signal at all.  I have always had problems with cell phones and internet. It is part of life around here. 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well, glad you got them finally.  :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Most times my books deliver quickly.  I have great Whispernet service.  But every once in a while it takes quite a bit longer for the books to come through. 
deb

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as I get them it's all good I guess!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't know whether this could effect delivery times or not, but when I am placing orders at other web sites, the time for the charge to my credit card to be approved can vary greatly.

Sometimes the charge is approved in a couple of seconds. Other times it takes a couple of minutes.

If this happens when you try to place an order with Amazon, it could explain why the delivery times can vary.

Another possibility is that the actual books are probably stored on different servers. The load on that particular server could also effect your delivery time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice explanation Bruce. But I guess the net signal also has something to do with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts