Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hands down, for me. This is my favorite book to recommend. It always catches people by surprise because they aren't expecting to like it. But it's got magic, the secret service, vaudeville, Houdini, historically accurate characters, and a 3rd act that really takes it to a whole new place.

Problem is, it's long. Which makes it perfect for Kindle! Too bad it's not there yet.

Link to the paperback:http://amzn.to/nGvGuU

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
erikhanberg said:
Hands down, for me. This is my favorite book to recommend. It always catches people by surprise because they aren't expecting to like it. But it's got magic, the secret service, vaudeville, Houdini, historically accurate characters, and a 3rd act that really takes it to a whole new place.

Problem is, it's long. Which makes it perfect for Kindle! Too bad it's not there yet.

Link to the paperback:http://amzn.to/nGvGuU
It might be useful to mention the title/author in your post. ;)

PS: See the I want this book on Kindle thread "stickied" at the top of the thread listing of this sub-forum.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. Oops. Carter Beats the Devil. Glen David Gold. Thank you for pointing out the other thread--should have seen it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is it fair for me to just ask for every single book ever written? This includes all of the books from the library of Alexandria that were lost.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'd love to see all of Robert McCammon's books on the Kindle. Swan Song is available, great book too!

His first few horror titles are out of print and the author doesn't want them to go back in print because he feels they are inferior to his more recent work. I hope he changes his mind and allows them to be republished.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Good Lord, where to start....

Not going to list particular titles; what I'd love to see are the works of the following (in no particular order):

Georges Simenon, John D. MacDonald, Isaac Bashevis Singer, James Tiptree Jr., Jack Finney, Tabitha King, Ray Bradbury, Stanley Ellin, Dana Gioia, Jerrold Mundis, Theodore Sturgeon, Jorge Luis Borges, Don Robertson, Thomas Williams, Peter S. Beagle, Cornell Woolrich, Barry Malzberg, Charles L. Grant, Dennis Etchison, Irwin Shaw, Roger Zelazny, and William Goldman.

To name a few.  I'm sure I'll think of others I should have listed as soon as this is posted...

Some of these have a title or two out there, but it would be nifty squared to be able to get all their titles on Kindle.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Patricia Highsmith, Graham Greene and Ngaio Marsh. And many British authors we can't get on Kindle in the U.S., which simply makes no sense to me. I can't even imagine what is a business reasoning behind that.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Katherine Kurtz' Deryni trilogies .... The first one is on kindle and the last one is as well .... but the middle 3 trilogies are not available yet and my papercopies have been used and used and are getting fragile....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Anguabell,

Highsmith, Greene & Marsh are authors I should have listed in my post just prior to yours.

BUT -- just checked the listings, and Highsmith's collection ELEVEN (intro by Greene) is showing available in the Kindle store.

Just fyi.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bury my heart at wounded knee by Dee Brown.

·
Registered
614 Posts
And re: Highsmith

Product description says Grove will reissue 9 of her books -- the next two are THE TREMOR OF FORGERY, and TALES OF NATURAL AND UNNATURAL CATASTROPHES, listed for November.  They aren't showing yet as Kindle titles, but then neither were the first two.  So it's worth checking for those early or mid-Nov.

Highsmith's SELECTED NOVELS AND SHORT STORIES, not a Kindle title, includes a lesbian novel called THE PRICE OF SALT which was originally published under a pseudonym.  THE PRICE OF SALT is listed separately as available for Kindle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts