Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Books that stand up for multiple readings are books that generally effect your life, and books you would recommend readily to others: I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. ;D

Lord of the Rings - 37 reads

HARRY POTTER (sorry no Kindle) all 7 5 reads

The dark Tower Series - 4 reads

That's enough for now. I'll add others later.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
edwpat said:
That's enough for now. I'll add others later.
Or give someone else a chance. :D

I've re-read the Foundation series and the Thomas Covenant Series.

Foundation seems to be Kindled. . .at least the Title/Initial volume. Thomas Covenant, not so much. The link above is to the First Volume of the First Trilogy, paper version.

Ann

·
Registered
321 Posts
From your list, Dark Tower Series (3 times), Harry Potter (various, some of them 3 times, others twice), Stephen King's On Writing (twice)..

Other Stephen King...
Insomnia, The Long Walk (x4) and The Running Man (x3) - all brilliant, IMO.

*cough cough* Twilight Series, 4 times (got a little obsessed with Edward there for a while)

Swan Song, Robert McCammon x 2 (no Kindle edition) :(

The Day of the Triffids and The Midwich Cuckoos John Wyndham (x2 each) and The Chrysalids a few times but it's not on Kindle yet

·
Registered
392 Posts
Robert Heinlein - all of his books, especially Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Glory Road, and Door into Summer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok I am pretty new so I am not up to speed on how to do links, so I am just doing a list.

V.C. Andrews- The Flowers in The Attic Series Not on the Kindle

Steven King- The Stand

Judith Guesto- Ordinary People

Stephenie Meyer- The Twilight Series

I know there are more,( I name them off to my husband every time he complains about my books), I just can't think of them now.

·
Registered
701 Posts
How much time do you have? Here are a few, certainly not all.

The entire series, not just this specific one. I have not read many of the newer ones since they were not written by Anne

Anne of Green Gables series, Gone with the Wind, a lot of Piers Anthony, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Outlander Series, Twilight Series, Harry Potter Series, Lord of the Ring Series....

It will be interesting to see how this ends since the author died and someone else is going to finish the series

My grandmother sent this series to my mom when I was about 12, I picked them up to read and my gram was horrified...not exactly reading for a 12 year old. Still, I liked the series and they hold sentimental value to me. I recently got them on ebay. My 12 yr old ambition was to read them in French. I got over it.
Anqelique Series by Sergeanne Golon. They are long out of print now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Wheel of Time serious by Robert Jordon, started reading this with the first paperback run of EoTW, it was promoted as a trilogy. Ha!

Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings (of course)

The Pern books by Anne McCaffery, although I don't really care for the ones written with/by her son

Pretty much everything written by Stephen King, but the Stand will always be my favorite with the Dark Tower Series a close second.

The Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey

The Honor Harrington saga by David Weber

Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series by Tad Williams

The Saga of Recluce and Corean Chronicles by L. E. Modesitt

Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin

The Samaria Series by Sharon Shinn

For my husband
The Dresden Files

Codex Alera

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
oooh I forgot about Ann of Greengables, just read that one again when I first got my kindle.  

you just made me remember: Rescuee by Ann McCaffery don't think it's in print anymore. Also by Ann McCaffery
crystal Singer  
Freedom series

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Do you have a couple of days for me to list them?

I have about 1200 books on my shelves, and I've reread about 80% of them.
Me too, Gertie, although I don't have any idea how many books I have. I do have a list that I read every year, so I'll put that here:
1. LOTR
2. The Chronicles of Narnia
3. The Anne of Green Gables series

AND I'm currently re-reading A Wrinkle in Time during silent reading time at school. ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Most of the books I have re-read I read first when I was young:

many Nancy Drews (I know, not great literature but they are stories that I enjoyed)
Harriet the Spy and The Long Secret by Louise Fitzhugh
Up a Road Slowly by Irene Hunt

as an adult I have read the Harry Potter books multiple times except for the last one. I only read that once.

I have read In Cold Blood several times and bought that in a Kindle edition, thinking I'd like to read it again. Same for Gone With the Wind.

I read Catcher in the Rye a bunch of times when I was young, but somehow, can't get into it anymore.

L

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

The entire Flowers In The Attic series by VC Andrews

The entire Mitford Series by Jan Karon

Fried Green Tomatos at Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg

Welcome to the World Baby Girl! by Fannie Flagg

The Yada Yada Prayer Group series by Neta Jackson

I, too keep saying that I need to reread the Harry Potter series but not having it on Kindle pushes it way down on the list of "to read". Lugging those hardbacks around after having my Sookie for 3 1/2 months is not an exciting idea....

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Stephen King...The Stand
Robert Heinlein...Stranger in a Strange Land

Um

Oh man, I have a brain cramp and can't think of more off the top of my head. Those are two I really wish would become available for the Kindle.

·
Registered
468 Posts
When I got my kindle, I decided to reread a bunch of the classics that I read in high school, but didn't remember very well. So far I have finished one:

I am currently rereading another one:

I have read all of the Harry Potter books a least twice (except # 7)

These two I read to each of my kids at different times.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts