Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone get this email, soliciting book sales data?
Dear Susan,
• How do we know that in 2011 e-books for the first time ranked as the #1 individual format in adult fiction? BookStats.
• How do we know that Children's/YA titles showed the strongest growth among all categories? BookStats.
• How do we know that bricks and mortar retail remained the #1 sales distribution channel in 2011? BookStats.
These are just a few examples of how BookStats-a joint venture of our two organizations, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) and the Book Industry Study Group (BISG)-provides the industry with the most comprehensive and reliable analysis of publisher net sales. Measuring the size and scope of the entire U.S. publishing industry, BookStats puts all this data and more at your fingertips through our Online Data Dashboard, and through written reports.
BookStats submission page

It seems like the real deal, citing the American Association of Publishers. My subversive mind immediately wondered what would happen if indies - lots of indies - submitted to them. :)

What say you, denizens of the KB?

A

·
0 Posts
I'm still trying to determine if this is a sincere attempt to include indie sales in the mix, or just a means to boost their mailing list to sell indies services in the future.  :eek:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent question. :)  It's moot for me, anyway, because they're collecting 2011 data... in January of 2013. Um. Yeah. So, maybe not the "go to" place for the latest information.  ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts