Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all!  So I got in the mail today my backup Kindle battery (what?  I only waited 8 weeks to get it!)  And, as luck would have it, my current battery was just under half charged (about 40%, the ideal storage charge) so I turned off my Sookie and swapped batteries out.  The problem with that?  I was in the middle of reading a new book and didn't stop to consider that I shouldn't read on a first time charge!  Ugh!  And, I figure that I shouldn't interrupt a first time charge either. Sooooo here I am at Kindleboards and, of course, have been through all my "new replies to posts" and looked at most of the "show unread posts since last visit" and now I sit.  My son is playing a video game.  I suppose that I could do some laundry, but where is the fun in that? 

Soooo...I ask you all: help keep me occupied!  How long does a K1 take to charge anyway?!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Kevin!  Good advice! 

*if it would just hurry up and CHARGE so I can get back to my book, I'll be happy to read until dead!*

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
OK all! So I got in the mail today my backup Kindle battery (what? I only waited 8 weeks to get it!) And, as luck would have it, my current battery was just under half charged (about 40%, the ideal storage charge) so I turned off my Sookie and swapped batteries out. The problem with that? I was in the middle of reading a new book and didn't stop to consider that I shouldn't read on a first time charge! Ugh! And, I figure that I shouldn't interrupt a first time charge either. Sooooo here I am at Kindleboards and, of course, have been through all my "new replies to posts" and looked at most of the "show unread posts since last visit" and now I sit. My son is playing a video game. I suppose that I could do some laundry, but where is the fun in that?

Soooo...I ask you all: help keep me occupied! How long does a K1 take to charge anyway?!
Ok. We will keep you occupied. You should be charged in about 2 hours.

Dori said:
About 3 days. (Just Kidding) I like your bookworm avatar. I just traded my worm out for a real me. (well was real a long time ago.)
Dori, I love the picture. Great.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Kathy, the unused battery I put in the little box the new battery came in and stuck it in the bottom shelf of the fridge.  Think that will work?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hey Kathy, the unused battery I put in the little box the new battery came in and stuck it in the bottom shelf of the fridge. Think that will work?
Yes. Everything I read today (very bored at work today) said that putting the battery in the fridge was the best place. Just make sure the new has been charged up a few times before storing. I think I'm going to change mine out every so often to keep them working. I just hope I get it by Saturday. With the weather like it is for travel, I don't want to get stuck sitting on a runway with no battery. Reading keeps me sane when traveling.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I hear that!! And kevin said earlier to let it go all the way to dead the first few times, too. I can do that!
I read that too, but my understanding with the type of battery it is that you don't have to do that. In fact, I think I read somewhere that you should charge it when it is at about 40%. Was that the K1 or K2 battery. Kevin may know.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey Kathy, the unused battery I put in the little box the new battery came in and stuck it in the bottom shelf of the fridge. Think that will work?
are you sure the BOTTOM of the fridge is a good place for it? If you fridge is anything like mine that's the first place spills go... perhaps the little flip slot on the door is a better idea... or taped to the wall somewhere near the top... with a bunch of teenage guys living/visiting my house I learned very quickly not to put anything on the bottom shelf that wasn't properly protected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.