Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this giveaway, three of you will win your choice of Kindle covers from our friends at Borsa Bella!

To enter, reply to this post, telling us your about your plans for summer fun. And, tell us which of Borsa Bella's covers you'd like if you win - you can see the selection of styles and fabrics at http://www.borsabella.com

On June 30th, we will draw three of you at random. Each winner will receive their choice of Kindle cover from Borsa Bella. Thanks to Melissa of Borsa Bella for this giveaway!

Here are some sample covers to whet your appetite! Thanks to Octochick for the fine photographs. For more great photography, see Octochick's blog. http://piewacket.wordpress.com/

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Thanks, Harvey.  Assuming we post right here . . .

I'm not going away but will spend an occasional Sunday in Ocean Grove, NJ.  Hope to spend more time than usual in Central Park -- if the rain here ever lets up!  This is my first summer not working since . . . can't remember!  Was downsized in January.

BB color I'd love:  green martini dots.  Can we choose from any style in the store?

Marti

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have two daughters, 5 and 2, and my husband and I are bringing them to Sussex, NJ for a mini-vacation. We already brought them to Disney (earlier this year), so we figure bringing them North would be fun, mostly to get them away from Alabama for a bit. We plan on taking them site seeing in NY and visiting most of the family. Fat chance the girls will remember it, but that's what cameras are for!

<3 Red Japanese is the best pattern for the covers, in my opinion! And you said cover and posted travel bag as well. Which one?

Mocca design for Travel Bag!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Wow!! Thank you so very much!

My plans for summer fun:
I want to lie in my homemade hammock (I crocheted it) on a gorgeous sunny day... by my 3 tier pond, while it soothingly gurgles and the fish swim; as I read from my Kindle and sip on a salted Margarita, on the rocks.

In reality:
I will try to do the above to no avail...while listening to my kids (both home from college) and all their friends horsing around in the pool shrieking and playing too rough. I'll be a nervous wreck that someone will get hurt and I'll get up and down every two minutes to keep checking on them. Then I will make them all lunch and pick up after their mess. Next, I will be doing loads of pool towels in the wash and then I will get supper started and clean up another mess. Would I have it any other way?...probably not.

One can dream though.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jessi said:
<3 Red Japanese is the best pattern, in my opinion! And you said cover and posted travel bag as well. Which one?
You can choose any Kindle product from Borsa Bella - this includes the Kindle covers and the travel bags.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Thanks Harvey (along with other mods),KB's and Borsabella for offering this!

I am going to Orlando on June 30th and staying until July 7th for a girls vacation with my mother and my sisters. I can't wait for this getaway. We are flying there and after we get home I will only have about 6 weeks until my little man arrives. So the next month I will probably be going thru alot of final preparations for him to get here mid-august.

Looking forward to both of these events!

Also If I did win I would love the kindle travel bag, in the waterproof fabric if possible.

Thanks again so much for this fabulous giveaway!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Harvey said:
You can choose any Kindle product from Borsa Bella - this includes the Kindle covers and the travel bags.
Thanks!

Well then, travel bag in Mocca. :D

I wish I had a never ending money well. I love BB bags!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Summer plans is My daughter. She just got her braces on and just turned 11. I see this as a loss of little girl.... with the help of ideas from this board I have given both of us a Nintendo dsi and  material to do a quilt. we start sewing tomorrow.  the dsi gives us interaction and distraction during plane trips and orthodontist visits and quilt time is to spend time with her as she transitions to teen. I figure this will take the summer and more
Sylvia

edited to add I really like the lunar blue travel bag

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
My plans for summer? BBQing, swimming in the pool, making frozen concoctions in the Margaritaville machine and drinking iced tea.

I'm entering for the colorful black kindle travel bag!

·
Registered
529 Posts
mlewis78 said:
Thanks, Harvey. Assuming we post right here . . .

I'm not going away but will spend an occasional Sunday in Ocean Grove, NJ. Hope to spend more time than usual in Central Park -- if the rain here ever lets up! This is my first summer not working since . . . can't remember! Was downsized in January.

BB color I'd love: green martini dots. Can we choose from any style in the store?

Marti
Ya know I don't think the rain will stop, it's been like this the past 3 weeks going on 4!

Well my plans are simply to go in my pool (if the rain should stop)... Go to the Pt. Pleasent Boardwalk on July 4th... Hopefully it won't be too crowded! I also plan on reading a lot of course... I would like to go to the beach with my Kindle... Oh and I'll be going to watch Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen this coming week... :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm currently going to summer school and I plan to volunteer and work part-time for the rest of summer.

I want the Stephanie's Plum travel bag.  ;D

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
mlewis78 said:
Thanks, Harvey. Assuming we post right here . . .

I'm not going away but will spend an occasional Sunday in Ocean Grove, NJ. Hope to spend more time than usual in Central Park -- if the rain here ever lets up! This is my first summer not working since . . . can't remember! Was downsized in January.

BB color I'd love: green martini dots. Can we choose from any style in the store?

Marti
Kindle bag that holds kindle & cover with side zip in martini dots

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Thanks Harvey (along with other mods),KB's and Borsabella for offering this!

Thanks again so much for this fabulous giveaway!
Ditto to that! Thanks so much!

This summer I am going to try to go to all the cool theme/water parks around my area: Schlitterbahn, Sea World, Fiesta Texas
I'm also hoping to do some floating on the river and maybe head to Austin and go out on the lake.
Uhh ... and find a job.

If I win, I'd love to have a K2 bag (one that holds Kindle with cover) with side zip in Abstract.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh boy, summer fun......... Thankful to be working and still have a job, my thoughts this year are much less glamourous than previous years.
A day at Disneyland, one afternoon a weekend sitting by the pool with my Kindle, a couple of days searching out some great bargains in the Thrift stores with my 2 BFF's, multiple episodes of hilarious laughter with my daughter, and continued good health with my 93 yo mother...............
all these wrapped into one summer will make it the most wonderful, memorable, and FUN summer I can imagine.

Thanks for the opportunity to own one of these beautiful bags.  My Kindle 2  would love the Lavender Travel Bag.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for this contest.  :)  I plan to spend as much time as I can with my grandkids, 4 and 5.  We'll go to the zoo, have picnics, and if I can talk my husband into it (god forbid he should be away from the teevee remote...), we'll all go camping and fishing.  I really want to get those little ones out into the woods!

Tyrella would like a Shower Clouds Kindle Travel bag, if she wins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a generous offer!  I would love to take my kindle with me when we go sailing here in Alaska through the Kenai Fjords. The striking Red Japanese pattern is sure to chase the rainclouds away.  Later in the summer,we'll fly Outside with middle daughter for new student orientation at NMStateU. That trip will be combined with a road trip from LA to Las Cruces, just "the girls". All in all, should have lots of time to catch up on my reading, and it would be ever so much fun to have Kindle clothed so stylishly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My husband is turning 30 in July.  To celebrate, I'm taking him on a surprise trip to Belize.  I think that this milestone birthday deserves a big vacation.  We'll spend a week in the jungle, hiking and exploring ruins;  we're headed to the coast to explore the second largest barrier reef in the world after that.  I absolutely cannot wait.  

I've been thinking about purchasing a Borsa Bella Travel Bag in Offwhite Oleander for my Kindle2.  I think it would be very happy in Belize!  

Off topic-Melissa seems like such a genuinely nice person.  This is such a thoughtful idea!

·
Registered
124 Posts
First I must say THANK YOU!!! to Melissa for making this offer to us.  

I have a couple of special things planned for this summer.  In about 4 weeks my nephew and I have our "Auntie/Nephew" week.  I take him for a whole week to a resort nearby.  We swim, stay up late, watch movies, eat junk food, read books, and just have an all around good time.  And thinks to my new Kindle I won't be packing a suitcase just for my books.   ;D  I plan to spoil him rotten.  

In August I will be walking in a half marathon.  I have been training for it for awhile now, and am really looking forward to it.  I will be flying to Vegas and staying in the Luxor for that weekend.  I have never stayed there so this should be fun.  

If I manage to be one of the lucky winners I would love a K2 travel bag in the Lunar Blue fabric.  

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Thanks Harvey and Melissa

I have no real plans to travel this summer because of being in school on line. I am going away for a weekend  in August to Shelter Island for a family wedding. My nephew is getting married. I am going there on a Friday morning July 31 and will come home Sunday August2.Friday night there is a family welcome party.The Wedding will take place on Saturday at 3 pm. The Reception will follow at 5pm. I am staying at the hotel were they are having the reception.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts