Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day friends,

I want to indulge myself to a Borsa Bella travel bag for my Kindle2.

I have been to their website and seen the designs. They are lovely but most ( almost all) of them look extremely feminine.

Can any one here recommend me one of the Borsa Bella bags which would be appropriate for men??

Maybe all the the designs are unisexual but I would like to know everyone's viewpoint on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I got my boyfriend the travel bag in black with the black shoulder strap and he uses that all the time. Or you can have her make one with a handle strap instead.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Borsa Bella is amazing, though I have to agree that the designs are very feminine. You always have the option of a custom order by sending your own fabric in. I'm not sure if you would want to step foot into a fabric store, but you could choose your own fabric. Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
As a woman I'd never presume to tell a man what would be an acceptable bag for him. Just like my husband doesn't tell me what are acceptable shoes. If you are using it, you really need to be the one to choose.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Annie is correct, you can send your own material in and she will do a special order for you.  There are a couple of pics on here somewhere of a special order. 
deb

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maybe it's the picture of a woman carrying it like a purse - but to me it looks quite far from masculine.
As a guy I'll just say that, frankly, there aren't too many things a man can carry around on a shoulder that are acceptable. The smaller the bag, the less masculine. Camera bags, business cases [laptop cases, messenger bags, etc], luggage, fine. A shoulder strap for something not much bigger than a paperback? No, definitely not masculine. Pretty far from it actually. :)

The Waterfield travel case is a great looking case, but I'd never wear anything like any of these bags [or the waterfield] over my shoulder - it just goes in my luggage when I travel as a convenient place to store my charging cable/iphone/headphones/kindle.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
This is what I carry:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You could also see if she will make something to your specifications if you like what she makes but just don't see what you need/would carry.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
You could use a messenger bag to hold it. I use one for my everyday purse and my K1 just fits in it. I have the mini messenger bag from LL Bean. Doesn't seem that they make the mini anymore but they have sizes that will fit the k2 and the DX. It's called the Heatwave Messenger. Comes in wide selection of color choices and isn't very expensive. You can find them on their website.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Haha. Rasputina, I just went to their site, and I want a messenger bag from there now. I only carry messenger bags, and have 3 that I switch with continuously. I saw the red plaid one, and I fell in love. Humph. I'm trying to debate whether or not to get it.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
That is the one I have, the red plaid. I love that it has a pocket on the outside for your cell phone too. I'm considering getting the large one. My mini is perfect for the few things I carry daily but a bigger one would be nice when I need to bring more stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts