Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used one at amazon for $210 ( don't know if that's a good price... ???). So now I want to ask those who own both the kindle 1 and 2 about the difference of these two readers. Was it a good idea to buy the Kindle 1, instead of the Kindle 2 at this price? Anyway, I'm excited!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I only have the Kindle 1, but I think that it is a very good price for it.  Enjoy!  According to my very old math skills, that is a 42% discount.  Not bad.  The Kindle 1 has the capacity for an SD card, which can store your books, the Kindle 2 does not have this feature.  The Kindle 1 has a replaceable battery, while the Kindle 2 has a battery which must be replaced by Amazon.  You have to send it into them, and they may not give you your Kindle back, just another one.  You can download your books again of course, but, well......
I think that you got a good deal!  Enjoy your Kindle!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Congratulations, Libros! That's a very good deal. Now you get to join in the on the event known as Kindlewatch....

I have both a K1 and a K2. The changes between the two are fairly minimal and for you, being on a budget (I saw on another thread you are a college student), the K1 makes great sense. I have found only one feature on the K2 that I like better than the K1 -- the ability to highlight and save definitions from the dictionary to my clippings folder. But I don't know that that is really worth a $150 difference in price. LOL.

Keep us posted on the delivery.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I also only have the K1.  My mom is going to get her K2 next week.  I've been keeping it for her husband till their anniversary.  So next week I'll be able to make a comparison.  But honestly, all of the K1 owners on the Boards here are very happy, as are the K2 owners.  I love my K1.  I think one of the biggest differences for me was the thiness of the 2.  I have a harder time holding things, which probably isn't an issue for a college student, and the extra thickness of the 1 is perfect for me.
Keep us up to date on the arrival of your K1.
deb

·
Registered
323 Posts
I couldn't be happier with my KK. I think you got a fantastic deal on a fantastic product. Now start filling it up and enjoy.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I like my K1 so much, that I bought another K1 off Amazon to have as a backup in case something happens to my existing K1 because I really don't want a K2. :) (I know those who have them mostly like them just fine, but *to me*, it just is too much of a step back, or at least certainly not enough of a step up.)  I think you'll like your K1 just fine!  And that's a good price, they'd been hovering around $250 for awhile (I got mine lower), but getting one at $210 is great.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Klassic Kindle or Kindle2, you still have the best device for reading that has been developed. You got yours at a great price.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
libros_lego said:
I bought a used one at amazon for $210 ( don't know if that's a good price... ???). So now I want to ask those who own both the kindle 1 and 2 about the difference of these two readers. Was it a good idea to buy the Kindle 1, instead of the Kindle 2 at this price? Anyway, I'm excited!
As someone who's owned and loved a K1 since August 2008, I think you made a great choice and got a great deal. Enjoy - and let us know what you think of it!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
well I have a Kindle 2 but I love my K1 enough that I am keeping it - I will keep it charged and use it - I just haven't figured out how yet  ::) ;D  But I just can't get rid of it - So I would say you did good both on the K1 and on the price.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congratulations.  I just got my K1 in February and I don't know how I ever managed without it.  I take it everywhere with me.  Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Libros - you did very good and you will enjoy your kindle and welcome to the weird wonderful world of kindleboards.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts