Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey, Scott --

I'm no expert on this, just started making my own box sets.

I like the image and the overall look of your box set fits the genre.

Maybe it's just me, but the first letter of the second two words are disappearing at thumbnail size. A thicker font or close black shadow would help the letters stand out against the moon.

Small thing: The titles reading up the spines look odd to me. All the box sets I picked for models and the paper books in my bookcase have titles that read from top to bottom — the first word of the title is at the top.

Great colors and I like how you continued the image onto the spines. Wish you the best with it.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I like it but agree with Secret about making the titles on the spine read top to bottom, instead of bottom to top. I don't mean that they can't be centered, if you want, only that I would flip them around. Also agree about thickening the title on the front or adding shadowing.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Oooo much stronger! The only super minor tweak I'd do is dull the white of the font a little, just give it more of a realistic paperback feel :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
That font is MUCH easier to read. I believe book one should be on the left and not the right, though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PiscaPress said:
That font is MUCH easier to read. I believe book one should be on the left and not the right, though.
Hi,
I just checked out six or seven box sets... all seem to list the books 1 2 3 in that order.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ScottC said:
Hi,
I just checked out six or seven box sets... all seem to list the books 1 2 3 in that order.
That is... the order I have seems to be the same order of the other box sets.

·
Registered
176 Posts
How Right you are, I apologize. Printed books are always the other way, left to right, but there seems to be a different convention for ebooks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts