Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ScottBooks said:
..because Kindle 2 was released in September?
No silly. Because weve been cutting him down ever since his pictures and descriptions came out a couple of months ago and it turned out he was right all along. :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yep, they were right. I fully admit it. I still probably won't believe anything "leaked" from them though, because that's simply the way I am. I like to see things from the source before I'm ready to believe it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mikuto said:
I still probably won't believe anything "leaked" from them though, because that's simply the way I am.
I just don't get you people. It must be a generational thing. The site gets the Kindle 2 rumor dead on, they get almost every other major consumer electronics leak right and before everyone else, and people still won't believe them. No one is saying you listen to what they say and put down a non-refundable million dollar deposit down on reserving your place in line...

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
You people? Is that tone really necessary? And what do you mean by generational thing. There is quite a broad range of ages posting here and having opinions of all kinds of things, yes, including technology and blogs.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm 24. What generation did you think I was in?

I'm a skeptic by nature! That's all there is to it! I don't believe in anything until it can be proven. What's so strange about that? Boy Genuis was right. Good on them. Awesome that they got the scoop, but why should I have believed it any more than I believe that Steve Jobs is dead cause I read it on Apple's Twitter?

·
Registered
55 Posts
ScottBooks said:
..because Kindle 2 was released in September?
Probably would have been released in September had Oprah not called and said she wanted to feature the Kindle on her show. Have to believe that screwed up more plans than we'll ever know. :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Mikuto said:

I'm a skeptic by nature! That's all there is to it! I don't believe in anything until it can be proven. What's so strange about that? Boy Genuis was right. Good on them. Awesome that they got the scoop, but why should I have believed it any more than I believe that Steve Jobs is dead cause I read it on Apple's Twitter?
Jobs is DEAD!!!???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Atunah said:
You people? Is that tone really necessary?
There was no harsh or mean tone purposefully implied, at all. It feels like I'm in one of those scenes where someone innocently says "you people" in everyday conversation and then all the other folks turn to him and go "What did you mean by you people?!?!". Not everyone's trying to attack you. Heck, I wasn't even attacking you in the previous thread. Just because I don't shy away from voicing my disagreement in a particular topic doesn't mean I'm being childish or disrespectful. It doesn't even mean I have a problem with you, because I don't. If I disagree with someone I'll bring it up and then explain why. It's not meant as an insult, but what's the point in a forum so veiled in pleasantries that real, meaningful discussion can't take place?

Mikuto said:
I was more referring to the general feel of this forum, which, by the responses in the demographic thread, reveals that it's populated with people older than some of the other forums that I frequent. :) Sorry for grouping you there.

Awesome that they got the scoop, but why should I have believed it any more than I believe that Steve Jobs is dead cause I read it on Apple's Twitter?
Because they have a track-record of success in terms of breaking stories and leaked pictures before other people, consistently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts