Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
LOL!  Have they been overwhelmed by demand and need to back off on publicity?  Although when I just checked, it was on the right sidebar.  I do like their anti-wrap rage movement!

Betsy

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong:

I think they sold out again (post Oprah airing) and pulled the front page ad until they can catch up.  I also read that customer service wait time is 45 minutes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't know if they sold out or not, but I do know that they changed their shipping estimates. It now says that they expect to ship them in 2 to 3 weeks. They might just be getting low on stock on hand. I really need to conisder in earnest now whether or not to get another one so my wife and I aren't having to fight over ours.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
;D  It was just a jab at the people who write "reviews" stating their outrage with Amazon for putting the Kindle on the front page for so long.  I guess it is there on the right side so maybe they will still be too upset to function over a store promoting its own product.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I see a cute little ad for the Kindle on the front page, in the upper right corner. It has a nice pop-up window attached to it.

G

·
I've noticed that the ad on the front page comes and goes. I know they got some complaints from people that feel they're trying to shove it down their throats, so maybe they're just trying to satisfy some of the complainers.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
According to Paul at Kindle Support, they have been exhausting their stock on a daily basis since the Oprah thing, but he said they get new shipments in daily also. My delay in getting mine was a goof up with UPS. It somehow got 2 barcode labels and it went to New Jersey instead of Texas. I think Amazon has changed the estimated shipping to cover themselves and then they look good when it doesn't take as long! Just my opinion.  :)

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I noticed that too recently that Kindle was mostly gone from the Amazon front page.  But then I thought maybe they use a different front page for Kindle owners.  I think my front page changed a few days after I ordered my Kindle.

·
Registered
205 Posts
makes me wonder how many ppl took advantage of the Oprah discount, it would be interesting to find out their sales statistics.  I'm really hoping that with the Oprah clout, publishers are going to start putting more content in Kindle format.  I guess we'll find out if the number of titles available jumps within the next couple of months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts