Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the sentence below mean the same thing? Or do they have a different meaning because of the different word order? Thanks for educating me on this!

1.  A Werewolf Romance Collection Box Set
2.  A Werewolf Romance Box Set Collection

·
Registered
618 Posts
They look about the same to me.  The only thing is if you read #1 "A Werewolf Romance Collection Box Set" you could possibly think that it's a collection of werewolf romances.  Like, different stories.  The second one is clearly a box set of this particular werewolf romance.

Honestly, I think either way is pretty clear.  There is just a slightly possibility that someone could read it as A Werewolf Romance Collection: Box Set, rather than, A Werewolf Romance: Box Set Collection.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like first one, but when i search both in google

"Collection Box Set" is 1,270,000 results
"Box Set Collection" is 2,030,000 results

Higher results in google is related to what people search the most ...

When in doubt, always use the terms that are most searched for.

·
Registered
401 Posts
maybe I'm being dense - but wouldn't collection be redundant? The box set is already a collection.

·
Registered
61 Posts
jm2019 said:
maybe I'm being dense - but wouldn't collection be redundant? The box set is already a collection.
That's how is strikes me too. Just leave out the word collection.

·
Registered
945 Posts
MajesticMonkey said:
Do the sentence below mean the same thing? Or do they have a different meaning because of the different word order? Thanks for educating me on this!

1. A Werewolf Romance Collection Box Set
2. A Werewolf Romance Box Set Collection
I'll just add that if you use the words "box set" you will have trouble publishing (at Amazon) as a paperback.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kathy Dee said:
I'll just add that if you use the words "box set" you will have trouble publishing (at Amazon) as a paperback.
Thanks for letting me know. Had no idea.

Is that a more recent thing?
Wonder why they decided this also?

·
Registered
945 Posts
MajesticMonkey said:
Thanks for letting me know. Had no idea.

Is that a more recent thing?
Wonder why they decided this also?
Its been around for some time. You are okay publishing as an ebook, just not as a paperback. The reason is that it is a misleading phrase when it is related to physical products. Essentially, they don't want someone ordering your 'box set' and subsequently complaining that they only got 1 book.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kathy Dee said:
Its been around for some time. You are okay publishing as an ebook, just not as a paperback. The reason is that it is a misleading phrase when it is related to physical products. Essentially, they don't want someone ordering your 'box set' and subsequently complaining that they only got 1 book.
Yeah. Gotcha. Thanks for explaining! :) Makes much more sense now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maura said:
That's how is strikes me too. Just leave out the word collection.
Same here. Using both is redundant and, since it takes longer to read, is more likely to cause readers' eyes to skip over the entire title.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts