Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any KB authors attending RWA Nationals...or really even for any KB author who lives in NYC and is willing to meet super early on a Wednesday  ;) come join me and Courtney Milan for a casual meet-up and level-headed discussion of how indie-publishing is affecting the industry, and how trads and indies can co-exist. It's a brave new world!

Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Time: 7:30 am
Place: NYC Marriott Marquis (Times Square)

Let's meet in the conference continental breakfast. If breakfast is gone from the conference fee this year (and I've heard a rumor it might be, to cut down on costs), then we'll meet at the Starbucks.

Sound good? Can't wait to meet you all!

·
Registered
942 Posts
*Bump*
Yes! I'll be there, though it will be 4:30am California time. Perhaps I'll come in my jammies. They say that's all writers like to wear anyway, might as well be honest about it.

Has Bob spoken about why he's not coming to RWA?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I would say "be there or be square!" but, honestly, I'm pretty square anywhere. :) Just be there!

·
Registered
942 Posts
We should post this on the Book Bazaar indie romance thread. (If someone hasn't already.)

If the hashtag is still up for grabs, how about #rwa11indie ? I know it's not as fun, but it will catch more attention. Some people still hate the "indie" label for self-digipub-writers, but I think they've lost that battle. #rwaliberationfront ?...if you want to smooth feathers.

Come on, modwitch, Oregon is no farther than California. (*checking map*) Perhaps next year in Anaheim? You can pick me up on Hwy 101 on your drive down. :p

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think we should use #rwa11indie just because it immediately shows what it's all about and hopefully will get some attention.

OK, it's confirmed that there is no breakfast this year...instead there is "coffee service" from 7:30-8:30.

So i guess it's Starbucks at 7:30. See ya there, and feel free to spread the word to other people who would be interested.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I will try to stop by, if I get up on time.  But I can't stay.  I sold myself in a charity auction a while back.  It was supposed to be lunch but breakfast was the only time we could meet.

Because I was bought by ta da!  Wendy 'the Super librarian' Crutcher, who is busy being an award winning guest of honor at lunch.

The 7:30 -8:00 slot is still open though.  I will come to Starbucks for pre-breakfast breakfast.

And I will definitely be down the table from you on Tues, Courtney.  M's stick together.  Unless they have moved you to an endcap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.