Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone was waiting on this to drop from its ridiculous $11.xx price, Breaking Dawn is FINALLY back down to $9.99.

I already borrowed/read the DTBs, and the e-books are available in my library's Overdrive selection if I'm ever in the mood to read them again, so I won't be biting on this.

Still, I thought the news was worthy enough to pass on to anyone who might have been holding off on the 4th book because of its higher price.

I'm extremely happy about this because it gives me hope that other overpriced books will eventually go back down.

NOTE: Of course, check the price to confirm that it's still $9.99 BEFORE you 1-click.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh good.  I purchased the first three for my Kindle, but was waiting for the price to drop on this one before I got it.

Thanks for posting!!!

I LOVE these books.  I have them all in Hardcover, but wanted them on my Kindle too  ;D

·
Registered
52 Posts
grr.  I got impatient and I just bought that!  Maybe I should start buying other overpriced books so the price goes down, huh?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
radiantknitter said:
grr. I got impatient and I just bought that! Maybe I should start buying other overpriced books so the price goes down, huh?
If you bought it within the past 7 days, you can e-mail Amazon and get a refund for any reason.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
$9.99 sounds like a fair price but I would also pay $11.75 ....... I'd rather not but I would if I liked it a lot.  :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
CS said:
If you bought it within the past 7 days, you can e-mail Amazon and get a refund for any reason.
Really? I think I love you ;D :D

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
radiantknitter said:
Really? I think I love you ;D :D
Yep, it's true. ;D I've done it a couple of times, and Amazon usually gets back to you within hours.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I got the email from shoppingnotes.com this morning showing the price drop!!! 

*Is it wrong that I am waiting for it to drop again?*

I love these books and I got #1 and #2 for the current price of $6.04 (I think?!)  I have #3 and #4 set up for alerts on shoppingnotes.com.  That is an excellent tool for ebook price watching...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
I got the email from shoppingnotes.com this morning showing the price drop!!!

*Is it wrong that I am waiting for it to drop again?*

I love these books and I got #1 and #2 for the current price of $6.04 (I think?!) I have #3 and #4 set up for alerts on shoppingnotes.com. That is an excellent tool for ebook price watching...
Gosh how do you stand the wait?! I was so involved with the series, I probably would have paid much more to get them and keep reading! lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
I loved all the Twilight books.
I just rewatched the movie this morning. Even though have watched it "who knows" how many times it still can't hold a match to the book.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Farmwife, I AGREE!!!  The movie can't hold a candle to the book...yet, I find myself having some sort of indefineable fascination with the movie.  I have watched it *several* times and all the extra features, too.  I have been analyzing it trying to figure out why I like it, when the book is 1,000 times better.  My only explination?  It follows the books as closely as it can for a movie, yet leaves out the stuff that is not translateable.  Why is this fascinating?  Well, for those of us who read and loved the books, it allows us a glimpse at what our minds pictured, and it allows us to fill in the blanks that the movie leaves gaping.  It blends the books and movie well enough.

Can they do that with books #3-4?  Dunno.  I have no idea how they can make a movie of book 4 and make it real, understandable and believeable.  I am anxious to see it, actually...

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Farmwife, I AGREE!!! The movie can't hold a candle to the book...yet, I find myself having some sort of indefineable fascination with the movie.
Besides, Robert Pattinson is really cute. ;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Farmwife, I AGREE!!! The movie can't hold a candle to the book...yet, I find myself having some sort of indefineable fascination with the movie. I have watched it *several* times and all the extra features, too. I have been analyzing it trying to figure out why I like it, when the book is 1,000 times better. My only explination? It follows the books as closely as it can for a movie, yet leaves out the stuff that is not translateable. Why is this fascinating? Well, for those of us who read and loved the books, it allows us a glimpse at what our minds pictured, and it allows us to fill in the blanks that the movie leaves gaping. It blends the books and movie well enough.

Can they do that with books #3-4? Dunno. I have no idea how they can make a movie of book 4 and make it real, understandable and believeable. I am anxious to see it, actually...
I feel the same way. Love the books and can't seem to get enough of the movie either even though it's nowhere near as good! LOL I just flat out love the story and the characters, and I thought the movie and the actors did a great job bringing the pages to life. I'm really anxious for the next 3 movies - can't wait to see how some of it translates onto the big screen. Plus, as much as I love Edward, I'm really looking forward to more Jacob! :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
marianner said:
He's still the
dead
Cederic Digory to me. I'm not sure my brain can handle him as a sparkly vampire instead of a jock wizard.
Awww, but he's a gorgeous sparkly Vampire!! ;) :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts