Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have formatted the last book of "The Gastien Series" and am waiting for the paperback book cover so that I can order the print proof. After that, I will read the paperback when it arrives to find any last minute changes and then publish both paperback and e-book. I have nothing more to do on it until that proof arrives in the mail.

I have been scared sh*tless that I wouldn't feel passion for writing anything else. So much of my soul has been poured into Gastien that I actually felt sick thinking about even trying to write something else.

About a half hour ago I was skulking around here, avoiding the fact that the best cure for that would be writing. I finally forced myself to open up word and begin. What the hell, right? It can always be deleted, just like a lot of other books were over the years until Gastien.

And you know what? Just like before, I placed my hands on the keyboard, had a general idea of what the series would be about, and typed the first sentence. I had known the first sentence for a few months now. I named the main character Phoenix the other night while at dinner with a friend. It was scary because I just didn't feel like anything would happen. But it did. Once I sat down and typed that first sentence, the character started telling me the story. Well, thank God! I still have it in me, Gastien wasn't all of it. I only have 361 words, but I only typed for about twenty minutes.

The first sentence, you ask? Never trust a whore. It seems Phoenix has a lot to say about that.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Yay you! You're amazing!  :D

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
You gave me new-story envy, LOL! I'm trying to push on to the end of something now. errrggg. Endings are tough. Wait, the whole thing is tough! Why do I do this? Oooh, shiny thing ...

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad some of you like the first line! :) Thanks for letting me know.

Endings are tough. Wait, the whole thing is tough! Why do I do this? Oooh, shiny thing ...
I keep waiting for the shiny thing, Dayla. Someday. Someday.

..hmm....that means I know which one you chose! Tongue

So glad to hear your fingers are still full of magic. Keep it up!
Yep, now you know. Thanks. :-*

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
"I only have 361 words"

The crucial 361 words, starting the story. So glad you're inspired, Caddy.

And yeah, I agree that the first four words are winners.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, everyone!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have yet to try something outside of my series and, like you, I'm worried that I won't be able to create another world. I'm so glad to hear that there's life after your first series. Happy writing and congratulations on finishing your series!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I had the same fears, thinking there wasn't another book in me. How wrong was I? I keep telling people to just put their fingers on the keyboard and start typing. It will come.

Love your opening line. Now I have to read it so hurry up!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The return of your creative juices is almost like Phoenix... rising from the ashes.  ;D (I can't believe no one did that yet.)

Go get 'em, girl!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Yay, Caddie ... just yay!

I remember you were so sad ... and I'm now so happy to see you're towards things optimistically.  It's a hurdle, to let a cast of characters you love go -- but you know what?  It happens.  Just keep the door open, even Stephenie Meyer has said she's not "certain" she's done with the world of Twilight ... so anything for her, and for you, is possible.

Hugs!

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Great opening sentence, Caddy.
Don't be too sad to let your characters go. They'll make their own way, and who knows, maybe one day they'll visit you again with new stories.
Meanwhile, enjoy the excitement of a new project.  ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts