Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my WishList on Amazon to keep track of books I would like to read that are not in Kindle format. Check on them every so often and a few have made the conversion. However, there were a handful I have been waiting on for quite some time that have not been "Kindleized". I finally gave up this morning and bought the DTB version. Do you think Ken's feelings will be hurt?? What's a girl to do?  :-\

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
I use my WishList on Amazon to keep track of books I would like to read that are not in Kindle format. Check on them every so often and a few have made the conversion. However, there were a handful I have been waiting on for quite some time that have not been "Kindleized". I finally gave up this morning and bought the DTB version. Do you think Ken's feelings will be hurt?? What's a girl to do? :-\
I imagine Ken will make you sleep on the couch! ;)

Linda

·
Registered
79 Posts
WolfePrincess, I'm sure he'll understand.  Oddly enough, I've read more DTBs since I got my Kindle than I did before (which was almost none).  With the Kindle I've rediscovered my love of reading.  I definitely prefer to read on my Kindle, but I don't hesitate to buy a paperback or check a book out from the library if I want to read something that isn't likely to be kindleized soon.  I figure it's all good.  :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'll also buy a DTB if I can get it cheaper, or I'm not convinced I'd like the format in a Kindle.  These purchases are usually associated with those darn Border's coupons.  ;D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to ask a dum-dum question -- I get that DTB refers to a printed book.  But what do the initials actually stand for?  ???

·
Registered
731 Posts
Those trees were only sacrificed after being found guilty according to Amazon's and Leslie's FAQ. (and that means Frequently Asked Questions :D ).

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I keep buying my favorite authors in DT editions. Just bought Mean Streets for the latest Jim Butcher short story. ;)

G

·
No shame in buying physical books.  They have their purpose too.  Theresa's (LR's) daughters frequently borrow our books and I have loaned out books countless times and turned others onto books they never would have discovered otherwise.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bacardi Jim said:
No shame in buying physical books. They have their purpose too. Theresa's (LR's) daughters frequently borrow our books and I have loaned out books countless times and turned others onto books they never would have discovered otherwise.
That is a good point. I do share physical books with my best friend. That is one thing about Kindle books that is sad. We have always passed books we enjoyed back and forth. Now, I can only tell her, "You should read insert book title."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts