Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know I have commenced writing full time. I have set myself a challenging schedule, needless to say.

The first week - totally written off - there is a gastro bug going around and it found me.

My target pace is 3,000 words per day for four days a week.

At first my delivery was depressingly slow - 1,000 words per day. Last week saw a good increase. Friday - 2,500 words, today 3,500. Total so far is 50,000. Another 30,000 - 40,000 to go. Mid February for the editor? Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Goals are good to have but if you find yourself unable to meet them.  Reset your expectations instead of abandoning them.  I hope going full time pays dividends for you.  I've enjoyed being my own boss now for a few years and I'll never go back if I can help it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bruce and SB,

Thanks for comments. I have been my own boss for years, and like the style - work and life. I do need challenges tho, so I have set a word target. Of course it requires focus and discipline - but what business doesn't?

And adding a page or two here does me good, and hopefully motivates others. It can be done!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts