Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was brought to the hospital Tues evening with some stomach problems They've kept me overnight and I may have to have surgery. My K2 will be home before I am  :(

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
What a bummer!! Hope it's nothing serious! Get well soon and get back in here when you are all fixed up!!  ;D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Woah, sorry to hear that, DD! Most important thing now is for you to get prompt diagnosis and treatment - the Kindle can wait (although I'm sure that increases your stress even more.) If someone could bring your K2 to you tomorrow, it should raise your spirits! Get well!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I can get to the boards thru my Blackberry. Thanks for all the good wishes. My husband could bring my Kindle to me.but somehow unpacking it with all these tubes in me and not feeling well makes me rather wait if that makes sense. Also don't like the idea of letting it lie around in a hospital room when they take me for tests makes me uncomfortable.

·
Registered
723 Posts
DD
I am very sorry to hear this.
I will think of you often throughout the day and I
will believe you will not need surgery.

Should you need to stay in the hospital for another night I am sure a friend could bring your lonely K to you!?

Sincerely,
Eric

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
DD said:
Yeah I can get to the boards thru my Blackberry. Thanks for all the good wishes. My husband could bring my Kindle to me.but somehow unpacking it with all these tubes in me and not feeling well makes me rather wait if that makes sense. Also don't like the idea of letting it lie around in a hospital room when they take me for tests makes me uncomfortable.
It is probably wise to you new Kindle stay home where it is safe and you'll feel more up to playing with it and learning the features. Good luck with the surgery and keep us posted.

L

·
Registered
723 Posts
DD said:
Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
You will get extra enjoyment when you get home too!

Glad you can visit with us via Blackberry!

Rest and get well,
Eric

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Dear DD, sorry to hear about your physical problems.  Even though it is difficult being in the hospital, you are in the right place.  I trust the doctors quickly diagnose your problem and that you will not need surgery.  Your Kindle awaits your speedy recovery, as do all your friends on Kindleboard. 

·
Registered
144 Posts
Leslie said:
It is probably wise to you new Kindle stay home where it is safe and you'll feel more up to playing with it and learning the features. Good luck with the surgery and keep us posted.

L
DD, so sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. Hope today brings better news. Know that your K will be waiting for you when you get home. Now for the nurse in me, I agree with Leslie; but, if someone does bring the k in make sure it is entered on your valuables sheet.

Take care and feel better
Dot

·
Registered
323 Posts
I hope you're feeling better today. I'm not sure I would have your restraint to not at least touch and hold your new baby. I wouldn't be able to resist it for sure. I would have made my DH bring it so I could caress and fondle it for a while and then send it home for safety.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
DD - Please keep us posted!  We have lots of doctors and nurses on here that can give you more support than us mere mortals.  And remember you have a wonderful present waiting for you when you get home!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I know we are all a little obsessed here on KB.  But really, you are in the hospital and you are thinking of your Kindle?  DD, you need to lie back and just focus on getting all better.  Your little K will wait for you.  What's important is for you to get better.

I wish you the best and hope you are well soon

·
Registered
685 Posts
Get better soon DD.

If your doctors think stress may have anything to do with your problems, you should mention the pressure of waiting for your K2 to arrive.  :)

I know my blood pressure was higher than normal yesterday while I was waiting for my UPS driver to arrive.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts