Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Amazon I saw some titles I'm interested in where the first & second title are listed together for the same price as the individual titles. So it looks like they are bundling the books together for a special.

So my question is, does it download as one huge file, or are they still separate files? For example George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings are listed together for $6.39, but I'd hate for it to be one huge file.

Lara Amber

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I haven't looked at your specific books, but the files are far from large, they are text. You should be able to get to either book through the table of contents in the file. There are many anthologies, such as the Complete Sherlock Holmes, which is the largest one I've downloaded.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
As to your specific example of Martin's first two books, they are in one file, not separate books (I bought that bundle). That's the beauty of bundles, you get one file for a lower price than the two files would be separately; plus they take up fewer entries on your Kindle if that kind of thing bothers you.  But no, it's not a "huge" file, although yes it would be bigger than a single book would be -- but not any bigger (probably) than the two separate files would be if you got them both.  Worth the savings in many cases, IMO.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
All of mine so far ahve been one large file just like when you're at BN and find 3 by one author in one thick volume. Just like with that large book, the Kindle lets you go to wherever you want although I've found I usually want to start at the beginning and go through in order anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have bought quite a few bundles and they are one big file. I just bought another bundle of 4 books yesterday that is the first 4 in a series. I love it when they bundle them because they are cheaper than buying separetly and they are all together. Unfortunately some I have bought separately are now available in bundles. Oh well. Can't win them all. ;)

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
soapy70 said:
I have bought quite a few bundles and they are one big file. I just bought another bundle of 4 books yesterday that is the first 4 in a series. I love it when they bundle them because they are cheaper than buying separetly and they are all together. Unfortunately some I have bought separately are now available in bundles. Oh well. Can't win them all. ;)
What Bundle did you buy yesterday.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Maggie Shayne's 'Family Secrets' bundle. It is the first 4 books of the series, their are twelve books total. All 12 are written by different authors, but the first group is under Maggie Shayne.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
soapy70 said:
Maggie Shayne's 'Family Secrets' bundle. It is the first 4 books of the series, their are twelve books total. All 12 are written by different authors, but the first group is under Maggie Shayne.
Thank you Soapy70 ;D

·
Registered
167 Posts
you are very welcome. I go to the kindle store and punch in 'bundles' every once in awhile to see if anything new has come out. I like having a series all in one spot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts