Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like a complete fool asking this, but this will be my first one. I have three project files of short stories that are already in KU that I would like to bundle. Do I combine into one file and submit to Amazon to be approved just like an ordinary story?

If someone knows of a how to article or can it explain, I would be so grateful :)

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
ashleywoods614 said:
I feel like a complete fool asking this, but this will be my first one. I have three project files of short stories that are already in KU that I would like to bundle. Do I combine into one file and submit to Amazon to be approved just like an ordinary story?

Yes, it's just like putting up a novel or single story. Make a cover (3D or flat), make sure you put clickable links to and from the TOC for each story, compile and go.

If someone knows of a how to article or can it explain, I would be so grateful :)
I don't know of any articles, but what I do in Scrivener is pretty basic. I made a template with front matter and back matter that would stay the same (with minor updates as needed). I have:

copyright page which also has a short description or excerpt (couple of paragraphs), link to email signup, etc. Keep it short, concise.
TOC
story 1
story 2
story 3
the call to action (request for reviews, link to email sign up, author page on Amazon, whatever)
about the author (I also put a short dedication here, but it could be a separate page)
more from the author (links to other books, which I update when I need to)

Each story has a hyper link from the TOC to the first page, which has the title that links back to the TOC. At the end of each story, I put THE END, which links back to the TOC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts