Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you who frequent other sites (or own other sites or personal pages) had asked about buttons and banners to help spread word about this forum.

We have created a few, shown below. These match our new forum header - which with its black background goes a little better with the various color themes that are now available. (Black goes with everything, right?)

To use these buttons, you can use the copy/paste HTML code in this link: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,291.0.html

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
If people are interested, we can also create some KindleBoards "userbars".

Userbars are small, rectangular graphics that are typically used in forum signatures. It's a way, for those of you who may frequent other forums, of letting people know that you're a Kindle owner, and also of letting them know about this forum.

Here's an example from another forum:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Harvey said:
If people are interested, we can also create some KindleBoards "userbars".

Userbars are small, rectangular graphics that are typically used in forum signatures. It's a way, for those of you who may frequent other forums, of letting people know that you're a Kindle owner, and also of letting them know about this forum.

Here's an example from another forum:

Zune promotion??? :p

I'd love one for another forum that I'm a member of...thanks!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I bought a zune when they very first came out with their pink model...thought it was sooooo cool in pink....anyway, I still haven't used it much. It sits on my desk without any real use for it. I used my tiny ipod for podcasts and thought the zune would be the wave of the future, but alas, my poor zune didn't serve me well. Now that Kindle will arrive in 2 days, I don't see much use for zune...what ever did I buy it for. I shall check out your zunarama site and see what I can do with it and maybe it will have a wonderful 'nine lives' reincarnation.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ Hang on to that Zune. In fact, if you sync it to your PC, you'll get it updated with the latest 3.0 firmware - which makes it almost like a brand new player. Lots of great functions, including wireless access to Zune Marketplace.

I have about 8 Zunes in my house - all models, most of the colors - and use 'em a lot. In some ways they're better than iPods, in other ways they're not as fully-featured.

I could go on, but I have a whole other forum devoted to that topic.  :)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
chynared21 said:

I'd love one for another forum that I'm a member of...thanks!
Okay, you got it. I've made some userbars - here's one of them:

You can see them all, and get instructions on how to put them in your forum signature, in this thread.

- Harvey

·
Registered
81 Posts
Huzzah! More Zune lovers!

I have the Zune120 with so much on it I can't even list it all. Full series of TV shows, several full movies, 100+ albums, photos, podcasts etc and it isn't even half full. 3.0 is awesome.

LOVE my Zune. LOVE my Kindle. I need nothing more . . . except my blu-ray player, 1080p LCD, trueHD satellite feed, surround sound system, sauna . . .

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
On Sailor's To Do List:

Find Zune's install cd and install into new laptop
Find all cables and USB's and plug into laptop
Download Zune 3.0
Enjoy Zune again
Take the Cannabis Screensaver off the Zune...LOL

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Over on the Oprah thread, I just posted an article from AdAge about the Kindle. This is one of the comments at the end of the article:

Now can she please replicate this message for the Microsoft Zune as well. Microsoft, if you are listening, forget about the advertising elsewhere. Go to Oprah. The product isn't bad at all. You are just stuck in a not being with-it persona. Am sure Oprah will be far more virally successful than Mr Seinfeld (no disrespect) –Mumbai

LOL!

L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Too Cute Leslie...Mumbai said it!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts