Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of those people who don't understand how/why people have issues with the buttons.  Once you know where they are only push them when you need to turn a page right?  It works for me.

Why do I bring it up?  I was at Target yesterday and spent some time playing with the new Sony ereader.  I was having problems turning the page because the buttons are too small!  The ones I was trying to use were the ones on the right edge of the unit.  I then found the ones on the lower left corner.  Those ones do work better but are way down at the bottom.  I really do prefer the Kindle buttons.

So moral of the story, no one design will work well for everyone. 

·
Registered
79 Posts
The size of the page-turning buttons allows me to move my hands around every so often.  With smaller buttons, my hands might get fatigued or crampy in same position all the time.  I think Amazon did a wonderful job with button sizes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't really have a problem with the buttons. However, I do wish the "Next Page" button on the right-hand side stopped about an inch from the top to make it easier to hold the kindle without turning the page.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like the buttons and very rarely hit one accidently. I read my Kindle in it's cover and I think that helps prevent accidental page turning.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Sooner or later LR is gonna post about how I can't pick up the damn thing without turning twenty pages. :-[
That sounds like my husband. I hand him my Kindle to show him something and he always is clicking buttons to no end - next page, previous page, doesn't matter! But he's just so darned cute I have to keep him!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I too like the large buttons.  It allows me to hold Kindle however is most comfortable and still turn pages with just a rock of the thumb.  (I usually place my thumb on the groove where the silver scroll marker moves)

Rla1996

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.