Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of those people who don't understand how/why people have issues with the buttons.  Once you know where they are only push them when you need to turn a page right?  It works for me.

Why do I bring it up?  I was at Target yesterday and spent some time playing with the new Sony ereader.  I was having problems turning the page because the buttons are too small!  The ones I was trying to use were the ones on the right edge of the unit.  I then found the ones on the lower left corner.  Those ones do work better but are way down at the bottom.  I really do prefer the Kindle buttons.

So moral of the story, no one design will work well for everyone. 

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I've gotten pretty used to the buttons with only an occasional extra push. I will admit though that I loved the buttons on my Rocket eReader...it was a definite click and not as easily depressed like the Kindle.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I'm on the treadmill I LOVE the fact that the buttons push so easily!  I'm jogging along, stretching out my hand to reach, and PRESTO - new page!  Easy as pie.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The size of the page-turning buttons allows me to move my hands around every so often.  With smaller buttons, my hands might get fatigued or crampy in same position all the time.  I think Amazon did a wonderful job with button sizes.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have no problem with the buttons, although it took me a few days not to inadvertently turn the page. I have it down to a science now.  :) Ruby is close enough to perfect for me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't really have a problem with the buttons. However, I do wish the "Next Page" button on the right-hand side stopped about an inch from the top to make it easier to hold the kindle without turning the page.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I had a problem with extra page turns when I first got my Kindle but now that I'm used to it and know where to hold it I rarely ever have a problem.  I think she's perfect just the way she is  ;D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like the buttons and very rarely hit one accidently. I read my Kindle in it's cover and I think that helps prevent accidental page turning.

B

·
0 Posts
Sooner or later LR is gonna post about how I can't pick up the damn thing without turning twenty pages.  :-[

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Sooner or later LR is gonna post about how I can't pick up the damn thing without turning twenty pages. :-[
That sounds like my husband. I hand him my Kindle to show him something and he always is clicking buttons to no end - next page, previous page, doesn't matter! But he's just so darned cute I have to keep him!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Sooner or later LR is gonna post about how I can't pick up the damn thing without turning twenty pages. :-[
I still do that occasionally, especially when getting up from the sofa. I have been trying to remember to put it to sleep before relocating.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with the buttons.  I would be disappointed to have them any different. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
sjc said:
I'm perfectly happy with the buttons. I would be disappointed to have them any different.
I am perfectly happy with everything about my Kindle. Even the lack of folders doesn't bother me.

L

·
Registered
378 Posts
I too like the large buttons.  It allows me to hold Kindle however is most comfortable and still turn pages with just a rock of the thumb.  (I usually place my thumb on the groove where the silver scroll marker moves)

Rla1996

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
lol. I could make a "lewd" comment about which button; but I'll hold my tongue :p see...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts