Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is frustrating. I just had a fan write to let me know she was trying to buy Witches of Bourbon Street on Amazon and it says "Not Currently Available". I have not received any notice from Amazon and all my books show "live" in my dashboard. I did send KDP a message, but is this a known glitch? Or am I just having an extra special day?

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Looks like an extra special day for you. It shows "not available" for me as well and it's not something I've ever heard of happening. Hopefully they get it fixed quickly!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've noticed this on a couple of books today. Amazon must be having problems.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I haven't had this happen with an ebook before but when I redid the cover and interior layout/typesetting of Requiem, there was about a 10 period the paperback said it was unavailable while I went through the proof process with Lightning Source.  The old version was unavailable until the new version was approved and propagated through the distribution channels.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SBJones said:
I haven't had this happen with an ebook before but when I redid the cover and interior layout/typesetting of Requiem, there was about a 10 period the paperback said it was unavailable while I went through the proof process with Lightning Source. The old version was unavailable until the new version was approved and propagated through the distribution channels.
I've had that happen before, too when updating a print book with LS. But that's a different issue than this.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ML Hamilton said:
A couple of people have reported this today. Sales also seem to be a bit slow in updating.
Hard to get sales if your buy button is missing. :'(

·
Registered
385 Posts
USA here...not showing as available for me, either.  Ugh, Amazon!  When you're wonderful, you're wonderful, but when you're frustrating, you're really (insert your own preferred string of cursing here) frustrating!  :mad:

·
Administrator
10,117 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a reply from KDP

"Our technical team is aware of this problem and is working hard to fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience while we fix this problem."

I know a few other people have had this issue today, so at least they are aware of the issue. Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone else stumbles on this thread.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
This happened to a bunch of books today. I know Slammed was missing a buy button for much of the day too.
Sorry you got bit by the Zon bug Deanna.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweetapple said:
This happened to a bunch of books today. I know Slammed was missing a buy button for much of the day too.
Sorry you got bit by the Zon bug Deanna.
Thanks. I guess it was my turn, huh? Still no button. My patience is wearing thin.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi folks,
Has anyone noticed this happening again recently? ... And would anyone know if it is a regular 'random' occurance?
The reason I'm asking is several of my books suffered the same fate in the last day or so (although one magically reappeared over night), but others are still affected under a different name I use. Am unable to search for them by ASIN or title as it doesn't show up and if you go to the direct link it has the same issue as the original poster in the thread & the BUY button is missing. Several others seem to be reporting this on the KDP support threads too... am very curious.
Currently waiting on support to come back about it in a few days time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts