Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter just discovered my K1 and is liking it. I'd like to pick one up for her birthday in June but not sure where is best to buy from. I like that on ebay you can see the seller's rating, while on Amazon most people are new sellers and you have no feedback to rely on.  Any opinions??

·
Registered
737 Posts
You could also try craigslist, if you are in a city/town where they provide service.  That way you can touch before you buy and avoid shipping costs.

Ask alot of questions of seller before meeting.  Make sure he/she is literate enough to actually own a Kindle.  Meet in a public area and bring a friend if possible.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
You could also post a notice in the buy, sell, trade and barter area of the boards here.  Perhaps there's someone lurking who might like to sell their 1 for an upgrade to 2.
deb

·
Registered
740 Posts
drenee said:
You could also post a notice in the buy, sell, trade and barter area of the boards here. Perhaps there's someone lurking who might like to sell their 1 for an upgrade to 2.
deb
That's a good idea, I've seen some folks on here that were selling their K1 to get a K2.

G

·
I would definitely say check here in the buy, sell, barter area. I have bought 2 slightly used but well loved K1's here. Thoroughly pleasant experience both times.

If that does not work out for you, then I would check on Amazon first. Their items are covered by a guarantee backed by Amazon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts