Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - I'm pretty new to Kindle, and I've recently put a couple books up on it at 1.99 and .99 in the hopes of attracting some readers. These are the first long-form prose works I've published, but I'm a professional screenwriter, so I'm not a newb to storytelling. :) The first is called Prelude to a Super Airplane, and I've described it as the most epic, pretentious, and stupid thing I've ever conceived:

In the year 2012, These United States of America is politically divided to a degree not seen since the Civil War. On one side stands the fast emerging pro-flying car contingent; on the other, the stubborn and traditional pro-airplane members of the populace. At stake? The entire future of airborne leisure and transportation. Set against this tumultuous backdrop, a young fiction writer has written a book about the only thing that can save the airplane riding industry - an impossible to conceive, 47-story airplane of such power and wonder, the world will have no choice but to submit to its glory.

The world's first comedy/political thriller/mystery/drama/romance/action/adventure/science fiction/showbiz insider/horror/family/energy drink industry insider/holiday autobiography, Prelude to a Super Airplane weaves the lives and destinies of 40 people together in astounding ways, as they all find themselves facing the future of airplane riding...the Super Airplane.

http://www.amazon.com/Prelude-to-a-Super-Airplane/dp/B001VH6HEE (Looks like it's at 1.59 today.)

One of the characters in Prelude is a poorly reviewed but financially successful film director, and I've done a spin-off book that lays out his entire filmography - it's called Brad Radby's Brad Radby: The Complete Filmography (1999-2023):

In the spring of 1998, Brad Radby quietly directed his first movie. When it was finally released in May of 2013 as BRAD RADBY'S THE EXPLODERS, the film industry was changed forever. In the years between, Mr. Radby directed thirty-six other movies, before his alleged death aboard the famed Super Airplane in December of 2012. Inside these pages, in his own words, Mr. Radby walks you through each of these films, giving valuable insights into the stories, and the stories behind the stories.

http://www.amazon.com/Brad-Radbys-Radby-Filmography-ebook/dp/B00200JWPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1242825042&sr=1-1

The vast majority of this book is actually online at www.bradradby.com. Also, the first 55 pages of Prelude to a Super Airplane can be downloaded at www.superairplane.com. Thanks for the forum - appreciate the chance to tell you about my work!

(Two things about this cover - the typo is on purpose, and yes...that's a Best Buy.)

Oh one more thing - here is some conceptual Photoshoppery of what the Super Airplane actually looks like, in relation to the Sears Tower:

http://madpropstobakedpotatoes.com/?p=1313

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, although much of it is fueled by holograms, the main engines are gas powered. More heavily touched on is a proposed 100 trillion dollar govt bailout of the airplane ride companies, and Bruce Willis's appointment as Captain of the vehicle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey all - there is fan of my previous books who started this whole thing on Facebook for people to change their last name to my last name today. It was funny and a couple hundred people did it in funny ways.

Anyway, the whole thrust of it is that I am buying her an exercise bike with all the profits from my Kindle books sold this week - there are three, and they're all 2.99 - so about 700 books total need to move.

If you want to help that'd be awesome - I write comedic fiction with a tinge of sci-fi - fairly unique stuff. You can check out all the info on the girl and the bike and the books and etc here:

http://www.brian23.com/gotta-get-those-bikes/

Appreciate any help - she really does need this bike! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
brianspaeth said:
Hey all - there is fan of my previous books who started this whole thing on Facebook for people to change their last name to my last name today. It was funny and a couple hundred people did it in funny ways.

Anyway, the whole thrust of it is that I am buying her an exercise bike with all the profits from my Kindle books sold this week - there are three, and they're all 2.99 - so about 700 books total need to move.

If you want to help that'd be awesome - I write comedic fiction with a tinge of sci-fi - fairly unique stuff. You can check out all the info on the girl and the bike and the books and etc here:

http://www.brian23.com/gotta-get-those-bikes/

Appreciate any help - she really does need this bike! Thanks! :)
I think that's just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen an author do for their readers. Way to GO!

(I write comedic fiction and nonfiction.)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I just bought Prelude to a Super Airplane - I aked authors on Twitter to pitch me their books and YOU DID!

Not sure when I will get to it since my TBR pile is high and I am a slow reader.

Good luck with the fund raising!

Jenna

1 - 6 of 6 Posts