Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm a total noob to the board, so apologies and a plea for leniency if this is obvious...

I've seen a few people say they've ordered books prior to the arrival of the new baby.  How do you do this??

I ordered my Kindle today, after a longggggggggggg wait and and even longer convincing of my DH to let me spend the money  ;)  I could not be more excited to (1) order my Kindle and (2) discover these forums!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
When you receive your welcome e-mail you can use your 1-Click (tm) account to order books for your Kindle. They will download automatically as soon as you first turn on Whispernet (tm).

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
quickfics said:
When you receive your welcome e-mail you can use your 1-Click (tm) account to order books for your Kindle. They will download automatically as soon as you first turn on Whispernet (tm).
What quickfics said... that welcome email and the your order has shipped email are your clues that there is a Kindle registered in your name. It will also show up on your Amazon.com account. I began ordering books as soon as I knew my kindle was on the way. It was very exciting to see my books on the home page when I unpacked it and turned it on!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
quickfics said:
Yes, quickfics is right. Once they sent me my email, I went onto Amazon and started picking out some samples to try. Once Kindle arrived and I plugged it in and turned it on, they were waiting for me...along with a personal welcome letter.

Welcome Aboard Beth,
We were all new at some point also. We are a friendly bunch, so if you can't find things on the threads, just ask and someone will help you or point you in the right direction.

There are also Thousands of books you can get for free from ebook sites. There are Links to them if you look around here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Beth said:
Thanks, quickfics. When does this email usually go out?
Usually by the day it is shipped. You can go ahead and try purchasing any time you want, though. Nothing bad will happen if you 1-Click (reg. US. pat. off.) before your account is finalized.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I ordered a 2nd Kindle for my wife 3 days ago and Amazon already has it listed on the Managing Your Kindle page. I downloaded a few of my books to her new Kindle (which she is supposed to get Dec 8 - Dec 12). I assume that after she gets her new Kindle and turns on Whispernet they will automatically download.

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
stevene9 said:
I ordered a 2nd Kindle for my wife 3 days ago and Amazon already has it listed on the Managing Your Kindle page. I downloaded a few of my books to her new Kindle (which she is supposed to get Dec 8 - Dec 12). I assume that after she gets her new Kindle and turns on Whispernet they will automatically download.

Steve
You assume correctly. Congratulations to your wife!

L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts