Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 32 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
I like my library, of course there are some things that are not available for one reason or another, and sometimes the wait lists are ridiculous.  But I generally have good borrowing experiences. The books are usually well kept (no jelly stains in between pages).  I think the NY public library tries to keep their books in good condition and replaces what they can when they can.  So as far as buying from Amazon and borrowing, I will continue to do both, because frankly I just love the library and don't think I can give it up.

Liz K.

· Registered
125 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Quite some time ago, long before Little Gertie arrived in my life, I stopped checking books out of the library. That wasn't because I forgot to return them, but because the library forgot to give me credit for returning them.

My mother got a letter that she hadn't returned three books. She always takes out six and returns six. We went back with the letter, they looked through the stacks, and found the books. Big surprise.

It was lack of efficiency on the part of the library staff (no matter which branch I went to) that stopped me from taking out books.
Do they not give reciepts in that library. I'm real paranoid about that myself. I get the reciept, and then when I get home/work I check the computer to make sure it registered. I had some slight problems, but luckily they put a trace on it, and they have always found it and gave me the credit. I wouldn't have had to worry about it for a year from the date, and it is always cleared up within 2 weeks.

1 - 3 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.