Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new computer and want to know the fastest way to get my 615 books transferred to Calibre. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are now on my kindle and I have used it but forgot how I got my books there. Getting old hurts. Lol.

·
5,976 Posts
Connect your Kindle to your PC via USB. Then open Calibre and click on 'add books'. Navigate to the 'documents' folder on your Kindle, which is where all your books will be, and click on the files to add them into calibre.

If you want more detailed instructions then use the help feature in Calibre or check on the website.

Just a thought: If you've already added them into Calibre on a previous computer that you still have access to, why not just copy the Calibre library over onto your new PC?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I will try to copy them first and if it doesn't work I will connect my Kindle and go that way. Thanks so much for your help.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
lcook0825 said:
Thanks I will try to copy them first and if it doesn't work I will connect my Kindle and go that way. Thanks so much for your help.
I've done this and it works fine. You just have to open Calibre and tell it where the new location of the library is.

Mike

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
karenk105 said:
HOLY MOLY MCMOLY!!! Am I the only one in awe of the phrase "615 books?!"
There are many book hoarders here. ;D

I'm impressed only when the poster has read 615 books, within the last 10 years - with even more before this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most of them are public domain or free. I won't live long enough to read them but someone behind me might. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
67,449 Posts
Not to de-rail the thread. . . .but I have over 1000 books in my Kindle library -- of which I've read about 350 -- that's since I got my first Kindle in June of 2008.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's pretty impressive too, Ann! I only have 5 books in my kindle library right now, since I just bought mine a little while ago. But I'm going on vacation soon, so I'll probably fill it up. And with my peers' books, I'm sure!  :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
Elk said:
There are many book hoarders here. ;D

I'm impressed only when the poster has read 615 books, within the last 10 years - with even more before this.
That's only 60 books a year - 5 a month. I probably average 10 books a month, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
699 Posts
LOL  I'd be happy to adopt you but it might be a bit annoying when I yell "Karen, empty the dishwasher!"  and neither of you show up because you were sure I meant the other Karen. 

She likes having a name no other kids have.  Most of the Karens seem to be 40+.

·
Registered
231 Posts
How old is your daughter? You're right, most Karens are 40+ (I'm in my 20s). I didn't know any other Karens when I was in school!

I realize I've taken this WAY off topic! :-[

1 - 18 of 18 Posts