Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought I'd let you know that you can download a camera app that costs only 69pence and allows you to take photos with the kindle and video. ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Do you have a link, Spooncat?  Or is it your app?  If it's your app, you're allowed to have a thread here as a developer.

We have another thread about using the camera on the Fire HDs (oriented towards the US Store); I'll see if I can find it and post the link here...

Betsy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betsy the Quilter said:
Do you have a link, Spooncat? Or is it your app? If it's your app, you're allowed to have a thread here as a developer.

We have another thread about using the camera on the Fire HDs (oriented towards the US Store); I'll see if I can find it and post the link here...

Betsy
hi Betsy

it's not my own app,it's available in the Amazon app store .

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
spooncat said:
hi Betsy

it's not my own app,it's available in the Amazon app store .
Do you have the name of the app so that folks can look for it? That would be helpful!

Betsy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks! it's called camera HD ( kindle tablet) and it's by steinside it's actually 62 p

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Here's the US app store version. Pretty poorly rated though; 2.5 stars with only 13 out of 34 reviews at 3 stars or greater.

Added KB link. --Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
There are a lot of apps out there that use the camera, many of them free. My favorite, which included graphics editing, doesn't seem to be available right now, but this one, also quite good, is:
PicShop Lite.

When you open the app, you click on the little flower in the lower right hand corner and select Open Image from Camera. The camera app will open. There's a circle thingy on the right (if you have the Fire in landscape with the camera at the top. Tap on the woven-looking icon to get access to white balance, exposure, Scene mode and Settings.

You can then edit the photo in the app. Lots of basic photo edits are available and several filters. More is available if you upgrade to the paid app, but for free, it's pretty good!

Betsy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HappyGuy said:
Here's the US app store version. Pretty poorly rated though; 2.5 stars with only 13 out of 34 reviews at 3 stars or greater.

Added KB link. --Betsy
it gets 4.5 out of 5 on the UK site!! I'm using it fine no problems

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Betsy the Quilter said:
There are a lot of apps out there that use the camera, many of them free. My favorite, which included graphics editing, doesn't seem to be available right now, but this one, also quite good, is:
PicShop Lite.

When you open the app, you click on the little flower in the lower right hand corner and select Open Image from Camera. The camera app will open. There's a circle thingy on the right (if you have the Fire in landscape with the camera at the top. Tap on the woven-looking icon to get access to white balance, exposure, Scene mode and Settings.

You can then edit the photo in the app. Lots of basic photo edits are available and several filters. More is available if you upgrade to the paid app, but for free, it's pretty good!

Betsy
thanks I just got this ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts