Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the camo cover you men have requested. This one is $30 including shipping in the US. It comes with an inside pocket with either a velcro closure or a zipper (your preference). The pocket is large enough to hold both your charger and your light. PM me or email me at [email protected] if you would like one. This one is shown with my Oberon "Tree of Life" cover. It also fits the Kindle lighted case.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm working on some more for the men. If you have any suggestions...post them here. I just received some really nice mid-weight denim that I am going to work up and post here too.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
What's desert camo?  All brown shades?

·
Registered
146 Posts
PG4003 (Patricia) said:
What's desert camo? All brown shades?
Yup, pretty much. Anything issued to people going to Iraq, Afganistan, or other desert theaters is in desert colors. Heck, even the little plastic army men at the toy store come in tan now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Another idea... a more Executive-looking cover. One for the office. That would make the Boss look over and think, "That guy's on the up and up. Let's consider him for the raise." Something like that would be good. (And maybe we can have our 'secret stickers' on the underside to remind ourselves of our after work side as well!)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Desert camo is a great idea. There are a lot of men and women in the militry who read Kindles. I'll look into ordering some. As for business... what kind of fabric would you suggest?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
As a person who makes all sorts of Kindle covers and cases, IMO it's difficult to make a case that's "executive looking".  You certainly don't want something with a shoulder strap; you don't want anything cutesy.  You almost have to go with a book style cover in leather or faux leather, to get that professional look.

·
Registered
38 Posts
bjm said:
Another idea... a more Executive-looking cover. One for the office. That would make the Boss look over and think, "That guy's on the up and up. Let's consider him for the raise." Something like that would be good. (And maybe we can have our 'secret stickers' on the underside to remind ourselves of our after work side as well!)
What about something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/JAVOedge-MiMo-Amazon-Kindle-Black/dp/B0045LFB5Y/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1307193922&sr=8-8

http://www.amazon.com/JAVOedge-Editor-Book-Amazon-Kindle/dp/B004GYNF2Q/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1307193936&sr=8-23

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kb9680 said:
These are cases, not covers. These would probably be the best "executive" looking case but a cover is something to put the case in to protect it from scratching or dust while traveling...in backpacks, suitcases, briefcases, etc.

·
Registered
174 Posts
OP:  I thought the denim was a rather good idea. 

I tend not to buy skins or cases with repeated pictures on them (patterns can be OK), leather goods being the occasional exception.

You might experiment with weathered but subtle-looking denim washes, and also with waxed denim.  Feel free to post possible choices here, so that we can comment on them before you buy the actual fabric.

If those options aren't available to you, then I'd try dark blue and black denim for men -- gray, too, if you can find it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do have some nice dark blue denim already in stock. I'll make one up and see how it looks. I'm thinking a man might like just some small initials located discretely on the cover. I might try one using my husband's initials to see how it looks. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts