Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering this a couple of days ago when my sales were going gangbusters. They've been very good for the past couple of months. I've been selling between 250-350 books a day on Amazon across seven books. I mean, that's good to me. I don't really "promote" a lot, just post on here and play on Facebook. I blog occasionally. But sales have been climbing steadily to my delight.

Until yesterday. Suddenly, they dropped off. I check my sales numbers four times a day; same time every day or pretty close. I woke up to 115, but then the numbers ran 29, 46, 46. I was waking up to over 100 sales every morning. This morning 47.

My Regency novella was number two on Hot New Releases in Regencies this past week and in the Top Ten Regencies for the past month. My other books have been in and out of the Top 100 for the past 4-5 months. I get mostly 4-5 star reviews.

I KNEW it was too good to be true.

I'm trying not to panic or cry. *sigh* I know all I can control is writing that next book. But darn!!! This sucks!!!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
AnneMarie Novark said:
I was wondering this a couple of days ago when my sales were going gangbusters. They've been very good for the past couple of months. I've been selling between 250-350 books a day on Amazon across seven books. I mean, that's good to me. I don't really "promote" a lot, just post on here and play on Facebook. I blog occasionally. But sales have been climbing steadily to my delight.

Until yesterday. Suddenly, they dropped off. I check my sales numbers four times a day; same time every day or pretty close. I woke up to 115, but then the numbers ran 29, 46, 46. I was waking up to over 100 sales every morning. This morning 47.

My Regency novella was number two on Hot New Releases in Regencies this past week and in the Top Ten Regencies for the past month. My other books have been in and out of the Top 100 for the past 4-5 months. I get mostly 4-5 star reviews.

I'm trying not to panic or cry. *sigh* I know all I can control is writing that next book. But darn!!! This sucks!!!

Thanks!!!
Anne, don't push the panic button yet. I suspect Amazon might be lagging in their sales reporting. Several authors have reported jumps in rank with no sales (see other thread), and my sales are also unusual (down) compared to recent averages overnight.

End of month processing could be kicking in, and with the Memorial day holiday the run schedule (data processing) could be crowded or altered in the IT department.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I, too, have noticed slow downs of my sales.  At first I was attributing it to freebies, but I don't know.  It could be something else.  These things are hard to pin down sometimes.  It's weird, but a lot of authors reported it last month.  Book selling comes with lots of ups and downs.  Maybe it's just a cycle and you'll pick up again next month.

If it's any consolation, your sales are much bigger than mine. :)

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
AnneMarie Novark said:

Thanks!!!
I'd love to wake up to that problem. :D Send a few readers my way, I could do with a boost. :'(

It must be something to do with processing (I hope) It must be the same in the UK. My book Lunch Break Thrillers needs a minimum of 10 sales per day to stay in the crime/Mystery thriller/short stories category top ten. Overnight, only 2 sales were reported, but it is holding at rank 8.

·
Registered
692 Posts
AnneMarie I know your pain - I woke up to 11 this morning after waking up to 25-35 all month. I got on here hoping I'd find threads like this to make me feel like it was a reporting glitch and not the bottom falling out of my sales. So I'm reassured that I'm not alone in my panic  :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've noticed a slight downtick in sales also.  I think it all might have to do with the overload the sale on Lady Gaga music at Amazon.  I've read where it really slowed down their servers when fifty million folks logged on simultaneously to download the tunes.  So, after everyone gets their gaga, things should begin to get back to normal.  Best!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've not been published for long, so I wasn't selling many, but this week I've sold nothing. What I have noticed though, is that my rankings have only slipped backwards very slowly, so I've been guessing they weren't selling as many in general. But I don't understand much about the rankings, so I could be completely wrong.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Your regency (To His Lady's Rescue) is still in the top ten (currently #8). Has your rank changed much? It's 419.

I noticed my sales numbers were a little off this morning too (almost 100 less than the day before). And yet my ranks were as good (and in some cases, better) than they have been. Maybe there is something going on with the reporting...? It's either that, or everyone had a slow day/evening yesterday. Here's hoping things pick back up today!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
tawnytaylor said:
Your regency (To His Lady's Rescue) is still in the top ten (currently #8). Has your rank changed much? It's 419.

I noticed my sales numbers were a little off this morning too (almost 100 less than the day before). And yet my ranks were as good (and in some cases, better) than they have been. Maybe there is something going on with the reporting...? It's either that, or everyone had a slow day/evening yesterday. Here's hoping things pick back up today!
Me too, Tawny, exactly 100. Surely, we all couldn't have had a bad day! ???

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh Wow! The Kindle Boards ROCK!!!

Thanks so much for responding so quickly everyone. I'm sorry others are in the same boat, but it is good to know it's not just me. WHEW!!!

And yes, my rankings are hovering near the same numbers as in the past couple of days even with the dip in sales.

And speaking of 100. That's about the same amount my numbers are down.

It's very odd.

We shall see . . . I feel SO much better . . . Thanks!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
G

·
Yes, things have been slowing down lately on Amazon. I'm much more doubtful that this is something Amazon can fix than with previous problems at BN. This could be our first taste of the summer. I'm so sure it'll be like pulling teeth in August.

There's also a small chance it has something to do with the Lady Gaga download craziness that affected Amazon in the past few days.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts