Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new K2. Really, really love it. Really. But...I just took Bob outside. You guessed it. <sob> Bob FADES!

Not a little fade, but after a few pages, you can hardly see the e-ink at all kind of fade. This isn't fair. I know I can call and get a new one, but I've got Bob all handsome in his skin. I guess I just blew that $16, right?

We're leaving for the beach at the end of the week. I guess I should call now, so I can get a replacement by then. I just wish I could get a replacement skin that fast, too.

I'm just glad there's a place in the world where I can go and whine about something like this and people understand.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Since you have to remove the skin anyway to send Bob back, try removing it very slowly and carefully.  A number of people have been able to save & reuse skins with careful treatment.  A blow dryer will help eliminate any wrinkles (search the accessories forum for more information on exact techniques).

Fingers crossed that the new K2 is perfect!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
crying eases the heart so go for it. you are right everyone here understands your pain. people have had replacements sent to where you are going to be. that might work. do look at the threads as people have reused skins.
good luck next go around
s

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Aaawww...sorry.  At least you didn't drop it, crack the screen, and it's not covered...the bright side.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Others have been reimbursed by Amazon for the cost of their skins.... Make sure you mention it to them when you call for the replacement.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Bob. Hmm, I guess I better go try my K2 in the sun!

The good news is that if you call CS today, they should hopefully send your K2 and you'll get it by tomorrow. (at least that what happened when I had to replace K1 b/c the keyboard buttons didn't work)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Awww I am so sorry to read about "Bob" :(
I am sure you will love your new one just as much.
Amazon overnights them I think,or next days them so at least you won't have to wait too long for a replacement.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I would cry so go for it - it will make you feel better - well it will at least ease some of the pain...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry to hear about " Bob " ....... better you found out know than months down the road. Probably a good idea for all new Kindle's to be
taken outside asap after receipt. Hope your replacement & maybe $$ for new skin arrive quickly.

Brian

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
But, "What about Bob"? 

I loved that movie with Bill Murray!

Hope you get a replacement soon.

Sailor

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that!  I received my replacement a few days ago for the same issue.  It was hard to make that call- I'd spent 3 months loving my first K2, and it was really hard to send it back.  The good news is that the new Kindle is perfect- the text is darker and much sharper, and it doesn't fade at all.  The sooner you call, the sooner you can start enjoying your new Kindle. 

Also- I ate the $16 that I spent on my skin.  I couldn't remove it without stretching it, and didn't know that Amazon would cover that cost.  I guess the only downside to replacing my Kindle is that my new one is now naked in its case while I try to pick our a new skin!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think Amazon should offer counseling services when stuff like this happens. Although, that may be what kindleboards is for? Hmmm... I hope your new K2 gets to you super fast!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
There, there... :::patting back soothingly::: Let it all out. We do understand, and I would be crying, too. (And :::ahem::: cussing a little, too, I bet! :-X ) Call now so you can get your next one (which better be right!) in time for your trip.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts