Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the details about KDP Select on Amazon's site and believe this should be fine but wanted to see if anyone else has tried this:

I point my email list subscribers to my personal site in which I sell my newly released book directly (so I keep all the sales less PayPal fees). Then, once I've exhausted the readers that I already have a relationship with, I pull down the purchase link and submit the book to KDP Select.

The idea would be to keep all the revenue on the readers/relationships I already have, and then, I can open up my opportunity set to new readers by adding to KDP Select afterward (and removing from my site).

I know you can enroll in KDP Select, let the 90 days lapse, and then sell directly, but I want to confirm you're allowed to do it the other way.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
As long is it's down from your site when you sign up for Select, you're fine. But, out of curiosity, how many readers do you have? Because if you sent them all to Amazon to buy your book, the money lost from royalties might be made up for by the visibility you would gain from those fans buying your book on Amazon and driving it up in the ranks. Just tossing that out there as food for thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I appreciate that perspective.

But how much do rankings matter outside the top 100? In your experience, do readers care about a ranking of 2000 vs 5000? I don’t believe you can sort past the top 100.

If readers still rate the book well, will it matter? Or does KU recommend books based on ranking in addition to reviews?

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
curious1998 said:
Thanks, I appreciate that perspective.

But how much do rankings matter outside the top 100? In your experience, do readers care about a ranking of 2000 vs 5000? I don't believe you can sort past the top 100.

If readers still rate the book well, will it matter? Or does KU recommend books based on ranking in addition to reviews?

Thanks for the feedback!
Sort past, no, but the recommendation and also boughts drive visibility and rank helps that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts