Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the day I received my K, I put it in to its original case and got ready to go to school....Then as some of you know, my brother picked up my kindle and DROPPED IT due to its detachment from the case. Since that day I've been aware of the small crack at the bottom corner of my kindle, which was not that bad considering it did fall onto a tile floor. This morning while I was sitting outside the vets office, I suddenly realize that the crack got much worse and that a bit of the plastic is only being held to my K by the DecalGirl skin. Immediately I flashed back to that moment in the kitchen and my kindle was acquainted with tile...then I remembered HIM!!! So....Can I do it? He's had a decent twenty-one years of life....

Meanwhile....anyone know of a good super glue that will work well with the K's hard plastic casing?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
If you do decide to kill him, they probably won't let you take your kindle to jail with you.  Might not be worth it.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I use something called Fix-All which seems to stick well to everything.

You might try it on your brother's broken legs, first ... I mean the broken legs you are about to give him.  ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Darn. That's pretty rough. Super glue may or may not work - personally I wouldn't try it.

If I were you however, I would contact Amazon.com Customer-Service. Be honest. Tell them it was dropped, and is now broken. They will offer you a replacement for $180 (+ shipping). As long as you are still in warranty, you shouldn't have a problem. The reason I suggest that you do this, is because here is the deal - if later on, a problem occurs, it may be not be deemed a manufacture defect if you dropped it. In fact, it probably won't be. Best bet is to bite the bullet now, and get the replacement from Amazon at the discounted rate. And next time don't let him handle it :)  

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I too would be very careful which glue I would use.  Some of them are not very nice on plastics.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
5 second nail glue or krazy glue be very careful

also I'm sure you could get off with justifiable  homicide there isn't a kindle owner in the world who would find you guilty.

tessa

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I use something called Fix-All which seems to stick well to everything.

You might try it on your brother's broken legs, first ... I mean the broken legs you are about to give him. ;)
Too funny. Call Amazon before you do anything -- things could get worse. Make your brother pay for the replacement Kindle. He lives, you are made whole, win-win!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the glue tips! As for the replacement, that would most likely being coming out of my own pocket (if it wasn't so empty), since I already predict he'll be complaining to mom. BTW, I'm still waiting to get my hands on his customized zune in order to create an understanding between he and I....his zune would make a good hostage, because its easier to hide in comparison to a xbox.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Call Amazon - maybe someone in the CS would volunteer to hold him while you do break his legs - and then use the glue  ;D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good point! Luvmy4brats. I shall check out a hobby shop. I think there is one near the college. thanx people!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I would use a two part epoxy.  They come in various set times.  I'd go for the quickest and make sure it says plastic.  I use it for EVERYTHING...though you will see the glue It doesn't dry completely clear.

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Suzanne said:
Kill him. Method of execution: Nag him to death.
Yes, that's good. Mind you, it will take a Very Long Time. On the plus side. . . .you'd probably beat a murder rap.

Of course, if you had a jury full of Kindlers you'd get off no matter what method you choose! ;D

My husband is a master fixer of things. . .I won't break my kindle on your behalf but I'll let him look at the thing and offer a suggestion for how he could fix it if it got broken. . .it's just the plastic right? Which corner?

Ann

I

·
0 Posts
I'd make a stencil that said Kindle Killer and spray paint it in pink on his forhead while he's asleep.  That's just me though.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
On reflection -i f you injure him then you will have to practice your nursing skills - what a waste LOL

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Suzanne said:
Kill him. Method of execution: Nag him to death.
Isn't that how most marriages are killed? According to husbands anyway. LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts