Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The free sample of my book on Amazon ends at a soft point, before the plot starts to take off. I suppose I could cut back on some background/motivational material but I think it helps readers pull for my heroine when things do get sticky. I really don't mind if people keep on reading; the more they read, the more invested they become in the story. Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the sample size on Amazon? I did it on Smashwords, and it was easy.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was always taught that your hook should be in the first three pages, if not, a grazer in a bookshop will discard the title. Probably even easier to do with an ebook.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
The only way to increase Amazon sample size is if you can take things out of the front of your book. So, for instance, in mine, I put T/C, dedication, copyright info, etc., at the back. Don't know if that would make enough difference for you or if it's a possibility, but it could make a  sample a page or two longer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way, huh? That's what I thought. Too bad. It would be helpful. I did edit out some of the background/motivational material and then a reviewer gave a generally positive assessment but said the book was too short and mentioned that she didn't know why certain characters did certain things, and I think that's the result of my editing out some of that stuff. Anyway, thanks for your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.