Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came on here to ask for a virtual slap. I need someone to tell me to get a grip and stop checking sales. Both books have been going up and down, up and down today... Ages without a sale, then a surge... I can't take the stress. It's like a Satanic game of snakes and ladders. Must... calm... down. Am not going to check KDP. Am. Not.

(Oh, maybe just once...)

·
Registered
305 Posts
WHACK!!! WHACK!!!

Wait until you see a couple returns, then you'll stop checking. Trust me. Last month I had more returns than any other month and after a few days of
having to look at those numbers mocking me, I stopped checking sales but once a day.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Then I'll have to slap myself too :)  My writing partner just reminded me of something I'd said when my book hit it's best ranking ever in mid-May that 'I would never whine again'.  Uh huh.

STOP CHECKING SALES!

(note to self . . .)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've been VERY guilty of that too. I offered my book "What in Hell is up with Heaven?" for free on Smashwords and Amazon UK and the "sales" having been rolling in by the minute. I check my smartphone every few minutes or so... it IS madness. I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself when sales go back to normal... Zanex? Prozac? Frontal Lobatomy? Bottle in front of me?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm having weird sales surges too. Sales only come in once a day now, around late afternoon. I'll be checking all day and not one sale, then all of a sudden around 4:30 or 5, a whole bunch. Been doing that for a few days now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
LOL--I am so inept that when I tried to reply to you I ended up making a new thread.  Meant to say that my own just went up today and I can't stop checking!  Hope you see a lovely uptick in your sales!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'd slap you, Mark, but I'm too busy reading the book.  

If I wrote a book as good as KILLING CUPID, I'd be checking my numbers constantly, too.  Go ahead and pull the handle on that one-armed bandit.  You've earned it!  

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.