Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is OK to ask here.  I have a picture of my book cover on my website.  I'm having trouble linking it to the Amazon Kindle book page as the url is just too long.  But I dont think I can put those tiny urls in my web admin slot.

Does the link have to be that long or is there an easier way?  Thanks for any help you can give me. I'm not a very tech minded person.  :)

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryne! Your so smart.  I will try to type that in and see if it works.  Thank you all so much for your advice and help.  :)

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It wouldn't work for me. It goes to a message page on Amazon that states it isn't an existing page.  But it just occurred to me that I can link through my Amazon Associates account instead.  I actually forgot I was signed up for that.  :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was going to see if there was a way to shorten it and tried going to the links in your signature but neither worked for me. It could just be my connection for some reason, but I thought you or someone else might want to check, just in case.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks A.J.  I will try it and see.  It is a site that uses Sitebuilder and I'll see if they will let me do that.  :)

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I liked that about them too.  If your books are all set in that area, that would be a great way to brand.  It is one awesome looking bridge and very identifiable.  :)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yes, exactly. Only down side is it seems a lot of readers do think they are in a series. My first one is selling well, but my 2nd one is much slower, possibly b/c readers believe they have to be read in order. Not sure what to do about that b/c I do love the bridge connection.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If they aren't related but are both set in S.Fran. maybe you could subtitle them "A San Francisco Mystery by....then your name.  That way the reader knows the only tie would be the city?  They look like really good books and I wish you much success. 

1 - 19 of 19 Posts