Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not ever received a payment from Amazon. Yet I have made sales over a 4 month period.

I need to know

1. How many sales have I made total?
2. How many sales have I made each month?
3. How much royalty have I made ( that hasn't been paid yet?)
4. When they make payment, do they email to let you know that a payment has gone out?
5. How do EFT payments work? i.e if you earn over $10 in january, you get sent a payment on march 1st?

I really find it confusing. I see three areas inside the account under reports

month to date sales
prior six weeks royalties
prior months royalties

For the life of me though I cant find the answers to my questions. You think they could make it a little easier and show you in a top corner. Here are how many sales you have made total. Last payment was this. Next payment is this etc... and here is a breakdown of sales and refunds for each month.

Please help a very very very lost kdp user.

Thanks kindly

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello, Amazon.com pays only 60 days after you have accumulated $100 in sales commissions/Royalties in the USA or UK, not combined.

The Prior Six Weeks Royalties should inform you. It is Posted Updated every Sunday.

You can contact Customer Service, click "Contact" at the lower right hand of most pages, and ask them.

BarnesandNoble.com reports sales more like what you want. But their market share is smaller.

I hope this helps. For whatever it's worth, I have found Amazon.com to be very reliable paying on Reported Sales. It just takes time.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
If you download all your reports from the "Prior Months' Royalties" section - then you can tally them up.  The Excel spreadsheet you receive will show you your royalties per book under each of the different Amazon stores.  Tally them up across the months (by store - .com, .co.uk, etc.) & see if the total amount of royalties for a particular store is higher than the payout threshold listed for that store under your account (which varies depending on the method of payment & the currency that you have selected.)

According to their notes - they make the payment 60 days after the end of the calendar month in which your sales for a particular store cross the payment threshold.

So far, I've only qualified for a payment for the UK store.  I have that set to EFT & when it came to time for them to make the transfer, they sent me an e-mail to confirm the amount.

Hope that helps.  :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
phildukephd said:
Hello, Amazon.com pays only 60 days after you have accumulated $100 in sales commissions/Royalties in the USA or UK, not combined.
$10 minimum if you're getting paid directly to your bank account; $100 minimum if you're getting checks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts