Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a trial download of 10 free classic books for watching a demo of the Sony Reader. (The Kindle wins hands down IMHO.) I have the books on my hard drive. Can I put them on my Kindle somehow?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Geeky Girl Karin said:
I got a trial download of 10 free classic books for watching a demo of the Sony Reader. (The Kindle wins hands down IMHO.) I have the books on my hard drive. Can I put them on my Kindle somehow?
Nope.

But if they are 10 classic books, they are likely available at Feedbooks or one of the other free book sites. When Sony was offering its reader with "100 free books, a $199 value!" every single book could be found at a free book site and downloaded to a Kindle or other ereading device.

L

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Leslie said:
When Sony was offering its reader with "100 free books, a $199 value!" every single book could be found at a free book site and downloaded to a Kindle or other ereading device.
Oh, those sneaky Sony people!
I'm glad I have my Kindle. And I'm glad I have everyone on KB to keep me informed of stuff like this :)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
My brother got a Sony E-reader for Christmas and told me about the free downloads. I told him he could have gotten them for free anyway. I suppose it is a nice thing to offer. The books are formated for the device and can be downloaded pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
ProfCrash said:
My brother got a Sony E-reader for Christmas and told me about the free downloads. I told him he could have gotten them for free anyway. I suppose it is a nice thing to offer. The books are formated for the device and can be downloaded pretty easily.
It is nice that they are formatted and so on, yes. However, just be aware: when I checked on the free promotion last summer, the books they were advertising were selling in the Sony store for $1.99 each, but I found copies of the same books at various free sites. I assume books from Feedbooks will work on Sony ereaders, just like the work on the Kindle, and they are free, not $1.99.

Caveat emptor.

L

1 - 7 of 7 Posts