Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else play lots of Scramble with Friends and have shoulder pain?  I'm starting physical therapy next week and may even need surgery. I keep wondering if the game caused it. I go so fast with my stylus, holding my arm in the air and moving it around for long stretches while my Fire is perched in its stand on the table. Or, I used to.  I stopped playing, of course.  :(  I was SO addicted. I sure hope that wasn't the cause. So embarassing going to a "Sports Injury Doctor" because of a word game!

·
Super Moderator
67,394 Posts
Too much of anything repetitive can cause damage.  It's best to take breaks at least every hour -- or more often if it's a problem.  Get up. . .walk around. . .do jumping jacks. . .stretch your arms and fingers.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'd be even more embarrassing to be doing physical therapy in a room with other people with more "legitimate" injuries. 

"Oh, what're you in here for?"
- "Car wreck.  Severed a bunch of stuff.  Learning how to walk again.  What's your story?"
"I've got Kindle Shoulder.  Don't know if I'll be able to play Scramble again.  It's tough, man."

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
On the other hand, you might meet someone famous at therapy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts