Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am meeting with a buyer (via Craig's List) for my Kindle on Saturday. I want to de-register it before but
wonder if I will then be able to show him how it works and access any content?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Do you or the buyer have a laptop? Then when you meet him, you could have him log onto his Amazon account and register the Kindle from there. Then you can show him how it works.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do, but I am meeting him at a Barnes & Noble and I am pretty sure they do not have free wireless. I tried to access my account, via my iPhone but could not access my manage kindle section...?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
The iPhone is a great tool unless you want to do something quickly and efficiently. ;D I love mine, but to use it to access secure websites is an exercise in patience. Barnes & Noble may very well have free wireless in their coffee shop, try calling the specific store to be certain.

Wikipedia said:
In 2004, Barnes & Noble began offering Wi-Fi in the café area of selected stores, using the AT&T FreedomLink network. All 793 stores currently offer Wi-Fi, an effort which was completed in 2006. Often, AT&T and Barnes & Noble offer free Wi-Fi access during promotional campaigns with use of a coupon, but Wi-Fi is not normally provided free of charge; payment goes to AT&T Online.
You might want to go to the local library instead, they pretty much all have free wi-fi access now.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh thanks, that is good to know, I will check. That would be ideal cause I do not want to De-r till he shows up and hands over the cash!
I also do not want to change the plan...if possible. There is a Caribou Coffee in the same center that has free Wifi. So that might be an option.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marianner said:
You can still access all the content that is on the Kindle. The only thing you wouldn't be able to demo would be buying books via Whispernet. Whispernet itself would probably still work, even.
Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
You can also wait to deregister the Kindle until you're meeting with the buyer. It can be done directly on the Kindle from the setting screen.

If by chance you deregister it and the sale falls through. You can re-register it and nothing will have changed. If the Kindle has a name, it will remain and the email address remains. It will be as if you never deregistered... (I deregister and re-register between my account and my husband's from time to time and have no issues)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
You can also wait to deregister the Kindle until you're meeting with the buyer. It can be done directly on the Kindle from the setting screen.

If by chance you deregister it and the sale falls through. You can re-register it and nothing will have changed. If the Kindle has a name, it will remain and the email address remains. It will be as if you never deregistered... (I deregister and re-register between my account and my husband's from time to time and have no issues)

Good luck!
Thanks, I did not know that. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Little side question that falls under this subject a bit. I purchased a used Kindle still waiting on delivery and the seller said I should check out
a book on the kindle when i get it. I thought that the process of de-registering would delete all the old content from the kindle.
It makes sense that amazon would want to do this, perhaps its just not feasible for them to do. Anyway, when I register this Kindle
will it still have all the old books the previous owner had on it?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Yaykindle said:
Anyway, when I register this Kindle will it still have all the old books the previous owner had on it?
Yes, it will. It will stay there until you delete it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts