Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I upload my WIP to my Kindle, can I edit the document on the Kindle itself?  Then transfer back to my PC?

Out of work and traveling a little so I can't bring my PC with me and would like to keep editing.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
I don't do actual editing on the Kindle, but do leave a bookmark each place there is a problem. Then I move through the Kindle and the Word document together.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...there's a solution, thanks.
I'm having trouble finding the document on my Kindle. 
When I plug in the Kindle to the PC, the document is shown to be on there, but when I turn on the Kindle, it's not there.
Anyone??

G

·
You can highlight problems and make notes on the Kindle but you can't implement changes. Also, once you get a certain amount of comments it slows down and virtually freezes. I tried using the Kindle as an experiment, thinking I could speed up editing by working on the go. It ended up taking twice as long when I transferred the comments to a PC manually. I now use the Kindle for a final read through, where it's likely there will only be a handful of notes.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
When you USB copy to the Kindle it has to go in the Documents folder. (I think it's Documents.) Open the folder and you will see all your other Kindle titles. That's the target folder.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
If you're trying to find your notes and marks, they're located in a text file entitled "My Clippings," in the Documents folder, as Terrence said.  Each note is appended to the end of the file as you add it, so be aware if you flip between books.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts