Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a subscription to the Financial Times that I'm starting to fall behind on.  I'd like to cancel my monthly subscription (due on the 17th of every month), and just purchase individual issues on an ad-hoc basis.  I'm paid up through the 17th and, just discovered on the Amazon site that if I cancel today, I won't receive the final two weeks I've already paid for.  Normally, I'd just wait 'till the night of the 16th and cancel, but in this case, I'll be out visiting potential colleges with my son and unable to act.  How can I get Amazon to just stop renewing my subscription at the end of my term (the issue on the 16th would be my last)?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
In my experience, when you cancel, you get pro-rated the amount that is remaining on your subscription. So just keep the subscription for as long as you want and cancel when the time is right. They sort out the money. (I did this with a New York Times subscription.)

L

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!  I can't believe the wealth of knowledge around this place.  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
With over 3000 members, the odds are good that someone has run into what ever problem you have and we all love to help.

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
I know there was at least one subscription that I accidentally went over the trial period before cancelling.  I got billed for it on the 15th day, cancelled on the 17th day or so, and my next CC showed a full refund back.  So don't worry about it.  It's tons easier than cancelling print subscriptions!  Some have observed that you can't do it FROM the Kindle, but it's quite easy to do from your account at Amazon.

Ann

1 - 7 of 7 Posts