Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff Hepple, one of our author members, has graciously agreed to lead a book klub on his historical novel Gone for a Soldier! Woohoo!!!! Thanks, Jeff!

This will be the third in our series, Reading with the Author (after Mike Hicks's In Her Name beginning Feb 1 and Al Past's Distant Cousin beginning March 9). From what I've read in the posts, we have a lot of lovers of historical fiction, this should be right up their alley!

Jeff previously wrote:
As a reminder, I'm still offering both my books, Gone For a Soldier and The Treasure of La Malinche (2 volumes) free to KindelBoards.com members for the balance of the year. Anyone interested can send me a private message and I'll gladly provide the links to the books.[\quote] Note you must PM Jeff! You can go to this link and PM Jeff from there:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1140.msg44866.html#msg44866

Jeff's website is http://www.eliscopublishing.com/jeffry_s_hepple.asp

Here's the Amazon link to Jeff's book, which will give you a little bit more about it.

I've posted this in both the Book COrner and in the Book Klub subforum, just to make sure our membership at large knows about it! See the Book Klub subforum for more info on this and our other book klubs.

Thanks Jeff!

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Jeff Hepple, one of our author members, has graciously agreed to lead a book klub on his historical novel Gone for a Soldier! Woohoo!!!! Thanks, Jeff!

This will be the third in our series, Reading with the Author (after Mike Kreelan's In Her Name beginning Feb 1 and Al Past's Distant Cousin beginning March 9).

Betsy
That's great news! Thanks Jeff.

BTW, Betsy, does this mean my name is now Jan Kreelan? Hmm...that kinda has a ring to it! ;)

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ScrappingForever said:
That's great news! Thanks Jeff.

BTW, Betsy, does this mean my name is now Jan Kreelan? Hmm...that kinda has a ring to it! ;)
Aargh I knew I was going to screw something up doing this while carrying on a conversation on speaker phone with a friend and my husband. I've fixed the post. I can't keep usernames and realnames in my mind at the same time. No, you have to go by KreelanJan, LOL!

::)

Betsy

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Jeff Hepple, one of our author members, has graciously agreed to lead a book klub on his historical novel Gone for a Soldier!
Thank you for inviting me, Betsy. I hope we have a lot of American history buffs join us.

Uh, Mike, could you show me how to make those what-do-you-call-its?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Uh, Mike, could you show me how to make those what-do-you-call-its?
Already done, my friend! Here's the Gone For A Soldier leaderboard folks can add to their sig files (click here for the code page):

Cheers,
Mike (Kreelan) Hicks (sorry, Betsy, have to rub it in a bit!) ;D

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kreelanwarrior said:
Already done, my friend! Here's the Gone For A Soldier leaderboard folks can add to their sig files (click here for the code page):

Cheers,
Mike (Kreelan) Hicks (sorry, Betsy, have to rub it in a bit!) ;D
I really have to stop posting when I've been drinking! Hic!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have many years of training with my older brother and then two stepsons and now grandkids.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to drinking tea (the hot non alcoholic kind) while reading your book.  Looking forward to it!  (I'm never going to get any quilting done with all these dang book klubs!)  In fact, I think I'll have some of my Christmas tea blend now....  be right back!

Betsy

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.