Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone~

I lost my wireless while downloading the Mobilereads catalog to my DX yesterday. It got about 27% downloaded before I lost my connection (live between 2 mini mountains)...anyway, the partial guide downloaded but is unopenable with an error message (this has happened on my K1 as well, but it's no big deal-just delete and redownload when the signal is better); however, I cannot delete the unopenable file from my DX.  I get to the screen where it says all my options including delete, but when I hit delete nothing happens.  Any suggestions? It's not causing any troubles, just sitting there on my kindle screen, but I would like to get rid of it as it just kind of annoys me that I have an unopenable file there. Thanks in advance!
PS: I did try restarting the DX as well-same results.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ann~ I'll give the computer thing a try this afternoon. BTW, how do I do a reset? Is that holding the on switch for like 20 seconds? (Have K1 not a K2 and haven't done a reset yet? )

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a few minutes before running out so I did try the computer UBS delete suggestion and it worked. Thanks!! My kindle has enough on it that I don't need unopenable files there as well! You all are always so helpful and quick with replies. Kindleboards rock!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Is it on your home screen? Just use the 5 way controller and highlight the unwanted item, move the controller left, and it should delete it. I hope that helped. I had the same problem with a different thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.