Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else unable to download samples? I haven't been able to all day and I'm pretty fed up. I've plenty of space on my Kindle and my newspapers and other stuff download just fine, but everytime I try and download a sample I get this infuriating message. I've tried many different books so I know it's Amazon's problem. This is really ridiculous. I'm not paying for a book if I can't read a sample first, so the authors are losing out on sales. Anyone else having this problem?

"We're sorry!
An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check Your Account to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I've tried from both my Kindle and my computer. Same stupid error.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I downloaded two samples late yesterday and purchased and downloaded a book earlier this evening without any problems.  :-\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I bought a newspaper and a magazine with no problems today but downloading a sample of a book just won't work. I sent an email to Kindle support but it will probably be ignored until Tuesday because of the holiday.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Bought one book and downloaded three samples within the past hour, no problems.   How strange  --  hope you get an answer from them soon!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I too have both bought books and dl'd samples today. Really hope your puzzle resolves itself soon.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
They seem to be downloading again now.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I have periodically had it happen that downloads don't come for one reason or another.  Kindle is basically a computer and, as we know, sometimes their little brains just get full and things stop working exactly as expected.  Usually a reset/reboot fixes this sort of glitch.  So when I've had 'failure to download' syndrome, I've done a reset of the device with WN turned on and the content came directly.  Give it a try!  

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
This one was a failure on the physical amazon site when trying to send them from the computer.  For me at least.  But yeah, any time I have something that's not coming through when I check for downloads a reset usually works.  As with all electronics... when in doubt reset!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I think there was a problem with Amazon yesterday.... It took me three tries to download a sample from the website on my computer.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it was defintely Amazon's issue. Everything is working great today. So many great new books, so little time! LOL!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had the same problem, and today there are no issues. I'm guessing it was just a server issue, and they probably fixed it once they got a few reports of the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts